why aren't there any plastic surgery PA here?

I think it starts with the programs....if we could get more of them to add the forum to their "helpful links" pages I think it would help increase pre-pas who will move on to be students who will move on as practicing PAs

I wonder how we can spread the word about the forum; it's such an excellent place to share ideas!

I think it starts with the programs....if we could get more of them to add the forum to their "helpful links" pages I think it would help increase pre-pas who will move on to be students who will move on as practicing PAs

I'm not sure that the group that does post here would really appreciate a stampede of "new-generation" PAs posting on here... ;)

I'm not sure that the group that does post here would really appreciate a stampede of "new-generation" PAs posting on here... ;)

I can think of a couple that would start having seizures due to the mass influx of pre-PAs that didn't pay attention during the registration process and are listed as PAs. So it's probably a bad idea for their sakes.

meh probaly not but the easiest way to get the forum out is for people to grow with it.....I did and have directed quite a few pre-pas to post here

I also suggest that they read all the stickies and search before posting

I find myself pm'ing a lot of newbs about that

Seems it rubs Banuchi the wrong way as well....not having the appropriate title will get you deleted

I can think of a couple that would start having seizures due to the mass influx of pre-PAs that didn't pay attention during the registration process and are listed as PAs. So it's probably a bad idea for their sakes.

Must be referring to the site OWNER:

*CHOOSE CORRECT TITLE* --- When registering, please make sure that you choose the correct title for your account. For example, if you are a pre-pa, do not choose "Physician Assistant." Some may believe that it is not a big deal what you choose, but I'm informing you now that your account will automatically be deleted if it is false. In choosing the correct title, you are allowing the membership understand the point of view of your posts and shows respect to the PA Forum and it's membership.

It's a public and anonymous forum... we have no clue if anyone is who they say they are. I wouldn't get too butt hurt over someone posting a wrong title, but that's just me. To each their own.

Correct... as WE don't get "butt-hurt" over someone posting a wrong title... we simply and often "snarkly" comment on the misrepresentation and the FACT that the owner asked that this not be done ... then others get "butt-hurt" over folks calling someone out on it.

why is it that people use the silly term "butt-hurt"?

perhaps people should stop white knighting (which only adds fuel to the fire) and let the OPs take the advice to change their title and continue on with their posting history

theres too many people here who feel they need to protect and in doing so, blow things up to the point where its just silly. take this dicussion for example.....going on in at least 3 threads...overkill when theres no discussion...the forum owner says select the appropriate title or be deleted....simple enough right?

perhaps more people need to grow up and learn how to listen to WHAT is being said and not HOW its being said....

I guess this post means Im "butt hurt" as well......meh whatever:heheh:

Re: the forum being promoted by programs.....

I don't see this happening. Programs release their own material on their school, facutly or classes. There are plenty of members who post here with *less* than flattering comments about individual schools, AAPA, CASPA, etc....I can't imagine that a PA programs would want to go "on record" as advocating the content of a site that has a history of some volatile comments about PA education.

I can see it:

"Champion Univeristy PA Program is not responsible for comments made on PhysicianAssistantForum.com. The views expressed by PhysicianAssistantForum.com are those of PhysicianAssistantForum.com and do not represent the views of Champion University PA Program, its faculty or subsidiaries."

• 6 years later...

Archived