How much do physician assistants know?

Hey guys, 

This is insane! We processed our ENTIRE Pa Review Guide and graphed the result. You can find the full blog post and high res interactive graph here: http://www.physicianassistantstudyguide.com/PA-Complexity.html

Its seriously insane seeing the sheer amount of information PA's are supposed to remember graphed out like this. If you're interested, go check it out on the site. I've seen the human body do some astounding things and pull out of some catastrophic injuries, but to me, this graph proves that the human brain is truly astonishing. Think of the massive neural reorganization that must take place in order to remember such a vast graph!

The gray lines around the edges are concepts that a PA has to know and the blue lines in the middles are associations between concepts. 

EdgeBundle.png

That is impressive and a work of art.

I have always said that when you decide to become a PA, it means that you are willing to always be considered to be dumber than you really are. When you decide to be a physician, you accept that you will always be considered to be much smarter than you really are.

I have always said that when you decide to become a PA, it means that you are willing to always be considered to be dumber than you really are. When you decide to be a physician, you accept that you will always be considered to be much smarter than you really are.

We shouldn't have to subject ourselves and dumb ourselves down for dumb people. People are going to think whatever they want. We shouldn't be apologetic either  

Be sure to include some slots to indicate that we know what we don't know.

I always see docs complaining that we don't know what we don't know.

But make sure it includes the patently obvious things like "why bad things happen to good people ", "why does a just God allow evil in the world", and other unanswerables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

But make sure it includes the patently obvious things like "why bad things happen to good people ", "why does a just God allow evil in the world", and other unanswerables.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

and why is Trump still a presidential contender...:)

• 1 month later...

I have always questioned WHY we subject ourselves to NCCPA exams post certification?   Board Certifed Docs participate voluntarily.

The profession has nothing to prove.  The PANRE is simply not productive, costly and a serves to separate our profession in a negative way from  others in the medical field. 

Archived