University of the Pacific PA Program in Sacramento

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish I was in the area, I would very much like to go and mingle.

It was really good - they focus a lot on faculty/student relationships and I really like that.  They said for their priority interviews they're looking for vets (like you!), people in the sacramento/central valley, people who volunteer, continuing students from UOP, and people that have overcome socioeconomic factors.  They have 45 slots available and almost 2000 applications so far, so that's a huge accomplishment to get an interview! 

At the interview, you'll get a tour of the new PA floor (sounds like it's in the same building as the law students).  It's still being built, but they'll have classrooms, exam rooms with 1-way windows and a control room so they can watch you interact with patient actors, two surgical rooms, and a student lounge.  There will be a cadaver lab, but it's in Stockton so I guess students will commute when it's cadaver time.  Clinical rotations can involve a pathway track so if you're interested in something like surgery, you'll be able to do multiple surgery rotations and be ahead of the game when looking for a job.  

Each student will be assigned a faculty mentor, which is amazing.  There is also on-campus housing available for around $500-900/month, and clinical rotations are solely in California for now.

It was a great info session, I would love to hear how your interview goes and your impression!  Good luck!

-Ashleigh

It was really good - they focus a lot on faculty/student relationships and I really like that.  They said for their priority interviews they're looking for vets (like you!), people in the sacramento/central valley, people who volunteer, continuing students from UOP, and people that have overcome socioeconomic factors.  They have 45 slots available and almost 2000 applications so far, so that's a huge accomplishment to get an interview! 

At the interview, you'll get a tour of the new PA floor (sounds like it's in the same building as the law students).  It's still being built, but they'll have classrooms, exam rooms with 1-way windows and a control room so they can watch you interact with patient actors, two surgical rooms, and a student lounge.  There will be a cadaver lab, but it's in Stockton so I guess students will commute when it's cadaver time.  Clinical rotations can involve a pathway track so if you're interested in something like surgery, you'll be able to do multiple surgery rotations and be ahead of the game when looking for a job.  

Each student will be assigned a faculty mentor, which is amazing.  There is also on-campus housing available for around $500-900/month, and clinical rotations are solely in California for now.

It was a great info session, I would love to hear how your interview goes and your impression!  Good luck!

-Ashleigh

Thanks for the information! You're amazing!

I heard they'll be interviewing over the next few months, but will try to let everyone know by April 1 if you are getting an interview or not.  The stats I heard - 2100 applicants, 1300 didn't make the cut, so the pool is down to 800 and they are interviewing roughly 200 for 45 slots.

It should be clarified that they are doing a small group of early interviews, about 50 people, which was done all this week. The rest of the 150 interviewees will be interviewed over 3-4 days a month through the summer.

Those who interviewed early will hear in the next 2-3 weeks if they're admitted, rejected, or put into the larger pool of interviewees to fill the remaining spots.

I heard they'll be interviewing over the next few months, but will try to let everyone know by April 1 if you are getting an interview or not. The stats I heard - 2100 applicants, 1300 didn't make the cut, so the pool is down to 800 and they are interviewing roughly 200 for 45 slots.

Did those 1300 already get the rejection notice? Has anyone received interviews for April May or June?

Archived