5 replies to this topic

#1 TWR

TWR

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

mine was 1992  Far Rockaway, NY.  Legal contract drawn by lawyer.  My PCP was 15 miles away and we met every Monday.  Years later I sold the practice, (I owned the medical center) to St. John's Episcopal Hospital.  I worked for them til 2004.  Moved to TX.

PS  When I sold the practice to the hospital,  my SP's wife decided it was HIS practice!  9 months later and a few $$$ the state of NY said it was mine to sell.  He got nada.  Now he and I got along fine.  He was very happy with his "consult fee" every month for years.  She was the greedy one.

#2 ventana

ventana

Moderator, Past Practice Owner

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:57 PM

mass

The Fine Print - you didn't pay for my advice so please consider this when reading it. I don't care about typos so don't tell me I can't type.:eek:

I vote for a  Full Practice Authority and staged independent practice.

MBA, MS, PA

https://gifs.com/gif/wpZWlm 

#3 julia_dodo

julia_dodo

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

TWR: where in Texas are you? do you have your own practice in Texas?

I am young but I would like to start my own practice one day. I want to learn as much as possible from people who'd done it!

#4 Aeasterlingpa

Aeasterlingpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:49 AM

TWR: where in Texas are you? do you have your own practice in Texas?
I am young but I would like to start my own practice one day. I want to learn as much as possible from people who'd done it!

Julia

My partner and I are both PAs here in Florida. We are in our 8th year of owning, operating and expanding urgent care clinics. We currently have 4 clinics throughout Central Florida and are proud to announce that we have developed a model that works and can be duplicated. For this reason we are now franchising our business which will make the process easier for a PA who wants to branch out into the wonderful world of ownership.

The past 8 years have not been easy but we are a testament that It can be done.

For more information on our franchise opportunity please visit www.ParamountUrgentCare.com
  • AMD likes this

#5 christopherjmu

christopherjmu

Registered

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:30 AM

mine was 1992  Far Rockaway, NY.  Legal contract drawn by lawyer.  My PCP was 15 miles away and we met every Monday.  Years later I sold the practice, (I owned the medical center) to St. John's Episcopal Hospital.  I worked for them til 2004.  Moved to TX.

PS  When I sold the practice to the hospital,  my SP's wife decided it was HIS practice!  9 months later and a few $$$ the state of NY said it was mine to sell.  He got nada.  Now he and I got along fine.  He was very happy with his "consult fee" every month for years.  She was the greedy one.

How did you arrange it legally? NY does not allow PA's to own practices from what I read

• christopherjmu and AMD like this

#6 AMD

AMD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:03 PM

New forum.

- AMD, PA-C

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users