1st PA owned practice

mine was 1992  Far Rockaway, NY.  Legal contract drawn by lawyer.  My PCP was 15 miles away and we met every Monday.  Years later I sold the practice, (I owned the medical center) to St. John's Episcopal Hospital.  I worked for them til 2004.  Moved to TX.

PS  When I sold the practice to the hospital,  my SP's wife decided it was HIS practice!  9 months later and a few $$$ the state of NY said it was mine to sell.  He got nada.  Now he and I got along fine.  He was very happy with his "consult fee" every month for years.  She was the greedy one.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

TWR: where in Texas are you? do you have your own practice in Texas?

I am young but I would like to start my own practice one day. I want to learn as much as possible from people who'd done it!

Julia

My partner and I are both PAs here in Florida. We are in our 8th year of owning, operating and expanding urgent care clinics. We currently have 4 clinics throughout Central Florida and are proud to announce that we have developed a model that works and can be duplicated. For this reason we are now franchising our business which will make the process easier for a PA who wants to branch out into the wonderful world of ownership.

The past 8 years have not been easy but we are a testament that It can be done.

For more information on our franchise opportunity please visit www.ParamountUrgentCare.com

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...

mine was 1992  Far Rockaway, NY.  Legal contract drawn by lawyer.  My PCP was 15 miles away and we met every Monday.  Years later I sold the practice, (I owned the medical center) to St. John's Episcopal Hospital.  I worked for them til 2004.  Moved to TX.

PS  When I sold the practice to the hospital,  my SP's wife decided it was HIS practice!  9 months later and a few $$$ the state of NY said it was mine to sell.  He got nada.  Now he and I got along fine.  He was very happy with his "consult fee" every month for years.  She was the greedy one.

How did you arrange it legally? NY does not allow PA's to own practices from what I read

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
On 8/20/2015 at 4:22 PM, TWR said:

Hi Richard,

I couldn't help but notice I think you were written up in a cliniciantoday article as well regarding your success in a PA-owned practice. (I've been doing my research!!) I'm looking to get one setup here on Long Island, and was curious if you wouldn't mind sharing your attorney info who you used. All the attorneys I've spoken with want to bill me for a lot of research to get the ball rolling, but if it's already been done by someone, that could give me a huge head start and a big boost of confidence. If you don't mind. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Found and done. More than what was expected but we have opened new avenues and now created a path that we can help duplicate if your are interested in working entrepreneurship/ your own practice. We guide you from legal referral to opening your doors for service to the successful and efficient management and administration of the practice. We do this for PAs, NPs and MDs. 

We can help if anyone is interested. 
IG -  LuxMed_MSO

FB - LuxMed MSO