2015 application cycle

• 2 weeks later...

I was asked to submit the Supplemental Application and apply to AACC online, pay $25 app fee, and email a head shot of myself to be uploaded in my file. I "heard" through the grapevine interviews are in November. According to last years posts, acceptance letters went out December. Fingers crossed for an interview and acceptance!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I got the email that they received my CASPA app on 6/3.  I did my background check and drug screen in May.

Did you send copies of your background check and drug screen results to UMES? Not sure if we are supposed to do that, or if UMES just downloads the results from the website.Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just got this letter:

Dear Applicant,
On Tuesday, October 6, 2015, based on findings from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant, Inc (ARC-PA), the University has withdrawn the UMES Physician Assistant Program from the accreditation review process. Consequently, the PA Program will lose its accreditation. At this time, the application cycle for the UMES PA Program has ceased. This means no further applications or application materials (transcripts, GRE scores, etc) are being accepted. For those who have submitted a UMES graduate school application, your UMES graduate school application fee will be refunded.
Looking forward, while this action is a substantial setback for the PA Program, UMES and the University System of Maryland have committed themselves to providing the required resources and infrastructure to submit an application for reaccreditation in the future so we can improve the health of the citizens in the Delmarva region and the State of Maryland.

Thank you,
Sanada L. Spellman
Admissions Coordinator
University of Maryland Eastern Shore Physician Assistant Program
It would be nice if they also refunded having my GRE scores sent, the fee for the background check, and the fee to apply to the UMES grad school.  I hope they can work things out for their current students.

Archived