2015-2016 Application Cycle

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NC30, I was accepted to Methodist without being a Methodist undergrad. My impression is being a Methodist undergrad would help with getting an interview. However, at the end of the day, it comes down to whether they believe you are a good match. I will echo Salmo Trutta sediment that the program is very family oriented. But, so are a lot of program. What separates Methodist is they really only select applicants with the "it factor." They truly care less about your statistics and more about your heart for serving others. They believe in their curriculum and ability to teach you science of medicine. What is more difficult is teaching someone to be passionate about caring for people. So if that sounds like you, I encourage you to apply to Methodist, you will not be disappointed. 

Thank you both! I was under the impression that the early interviews were for qualified alum, which is why I asked.

I work for Cape Fear (main hospital in the Fayetteville area), and several staff--physicians and PAs--have nothing but praise for Methodist PA grads. The program is definitely doing something right. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I know I am late in the game and I hope I am not to late but I just applied and I am hoping to at least get a chance to interview. I see that people were already accepted so I hope I don't get thrown on the alternative list. When I read about this program I instantly fell in love. Even the way the FAQ page was written is brilliant! If any has some incite for me I would truly like to know of it is to late. Did I miss the big labouski? (Lol)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I know I am late in the game and I hope I am not to late but I just applied and I am hoping to at least get a chance to interview. I see that people were already accepted so I hope I don't get thrown on the alternative list. When I read about this program I instantly fell in love. Even the way the FAQ page was written is brilliant! If any has some incite for me I would truly like to know of it is to late. Did I miss the big labouski? (Lol)

They do rolling admissions so they accept as they go along. They have one interview a month with 8 people. I was in the first round in June and was wait listed.

They do rolling admissions so they accept as they go along. They have one interview a month with 8 people. I was in the first round in June and was wait listed.

So that means they have interviewed 24 people so far? Do you know if the undergrad students are interviewed separate or are part of the group of 8? I looks like they get back to you pretty quickly. Hopefully I get an interview before the holidays :).

So that means they have interviewed 24 people so far? Do you know if the undergrad students are interviewed separate or are part of the group of 8? I looks like they get back to you pretty quickly. Hopefully I get an interview before the holidays :).

I believe they have interviewed 24 people thus far. The Methodist undergrads are interviewed within the same group so they are part of the 8 people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived