Should I include this volunteer experience?

I volunteered with a lot of random organizations while at college. I have included all of these hours on CASPA, but am wondering if I should reconsider. For example, I included the 10 hours I spent helping with Freshman Move-In Day at my school. I also included the ~12 hours of volunteering I served at the Welcome Table, which serves free meals to locals in need. Are these worthy of including? I also have other long-term volunteer work, so removing these experiences from my application won't make a huge dent! Thanks!!

• Administrator

Unless there is a limit on how many experiences you can add (which I don't think there is), I say go for it. I don't see how it could hurt you. 

If you have adequate health care volunteering experience, a nickle-and-dime approach likely won't gain you anything.  Doubt it will hurt, but if you fill your application with fluff, your few shining pinnacle experiences might be obscured.

Archived