Best (cheapest) source of CME PI/SA?

So far I have found that it is fairly easy to get cat 1 CME via Medscape (decent quality and free!) or Up To Date (paid by my institution).... but I am having trouble finding Performance Improvement or Self Assessment CMEs that aren't really expensive.

I don't mind paying money but I really don't want to pay for something that sucks and/or is huge time sink.

As far as I can tell the cheapest option is to pay non-member prices through AAPA 

For example: 20 PI-CME  for $375 (better than paying the membership fee with the discoun: $545 total)

Are there any other options?

(I would like to avoid AAPA membership since I get the feeling they are cashing-in on the new MOC requirements... I really don't see any benefits from joining at this time)

Thanks for any advice!

I've used Audio Digest in the past. 30 minute lectures with "cheat sheet", a 10 question quiz gets you 2 Cat 1's. It's about $450 for 24 lectures...48 Cat 1 credits. If you are motivated you could do them in a week using the cheat sheets only.

audio digest doesn't give you PI/SA credits unfortunately. I sed it for years as well. now I do emrap.

SEMPA offered PEER VIII, which was approved as SA, for a ridiculously low price at one point.  I think it expires soon, but I would expect that they will have PEER IX out shortly.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=280770008121&story_fbid=10153145667463122

Just got an email that it was being sold for $40 for SEMPA members... Is it really valid for 55 hrs of SA CME?

• Administrator

Just got an email that it was being sold for $40 for SEMPA members... Is it really valid for 55 hrs of SA CME?

Yes and yes, although I only claimed 35 hours for it, since that's all it took me. Still, what a sweet deal!  It's cat 1 and counts towards EM CAQ...

It is; I took advantage of this sale last year and finished my whole SA requirement for my 10 year cycle.

I was wondering about that. Good to hear it will roll the 40 hours forward.

How does it work with any remaining hours, in this case 15? Can you just make them Cat 1 CME?

Also, does SA CME count towards the CAQ CME requirement?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I was wondering about that. Good to hear it will roll the 40 hours forward.

How does it work with any remaining hours, in this case 15? Can you just make them Cat 1 CME?

Also, does SA CME count towards the CAQ CME requirement?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Yes, since it's all Category 1 you can apply it where you need it. It's all EM specific, so you can apply it all to the CAQ (that's what I did).

Archived