Bull Crap Article

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an interesting and fictitious article. Wonder who wrote it and what journalistic qualifications he/she might have? Wonder if verifying one's sources and facts was the day this person missed in college?........................

Misinformation is so much harder to undo than proper presentation.

AAPA often responds to things like this.

Has anyone forwarded them a copy of this insult to little lego people?

Such BS... I guess T2DM, CHF, COPD, Cancer, HIV, HCV, CKD, ESRD, ESLD, etc that I MANAGED in my last practice doesn't count as chronic conditions. It's funny cuz the NPs I work with have no clue how to manage them... PAFT should rip this "journalist" a new one.

What gets me is how condescending the PA section is while the NP section is all praise... Smdh

Sent from my S5 Active...Like you care...

I haven't worn a white coat in 20 years. They are hot, stifling, stiff and pretentious.

And a short coat - where did that gem of information come from?

Medical students are required to wear short coats at my alma mater but I have never seen anything else like a "code of the white coat".

For me - I guess working alone in a rural clinic with all comers and no back up counts for -------------- assisting the doc? What doc?

If someone has the actual magazine name and article, I would happily write a loving letter to the editor? Anyone else with me?

I haven't worn a white coat in 20 years. They are hot, stifling, stiff and pretentious.

And a short coat - where did that gem of information come from?

Medical students are required to wear short coats at my alma mater but I have never seen anything else like a "code of the white coat".

For me - I guess working alone in a rural clinic with all comers and no back up counts for -------------- assisting the doc? What doc?

If someone has the actual magazine name and article, I would happily write a loving letter to the editor? Anyone else with me?

definitely...this is total crap. did you read the NP description: " PA-plus".

wow 

I can only assume that the person writing this is either uneducated, unmotivated to do good research, or just a paid advocates for NPs.......

none the less it is a bummer

I honestly think a well trained PA is BETTER then an NP in the chronic care realm as we get more of the hard sciences and more exposure to specialty medicine during our training.... but alas that is just me..... one lonely practice owner caring for 200 of the sickest home bound seniors in the area.....  what do I know.... (oh yeah and running my own practice......)

I searched the whole Women's Health Magazine site using keyphrases nurse practitioner and physician assistant.

Nothing that looks like this article.

I did however find a stellar piece on 7 Reasons Your Boobs Hurt and What Not to be Embarrassed About at the Gyno.

Thank goodness I am a complete nerd and read Popular Science and Discover instead.........................

Anyone else with any ideas on the origin of the article - please speak up.

There's been more chatter on Facebook:

"Email your Letters to the Editor to tellus@womenshealthmag.com".

Attached is FB page of supposed author. post-91280-0-35841500-1438041894_thumb.jpg

Follow up: I can find other articles by her, on the mag site but not this one.

^^. Agree.

Here is a bit more 2nd hand info on the publication:

"The July/August issue of Women’s Health magazine has an article on page 74 that has a woefully inadequate description of PA abilities and value. NCCPA President and CEO Dawn Morton-Rias has sent a Letter to the Editor, Amy Keller Laird, to address the issues. If you have read the article, we encourage you to do so as well. Email your Letters to the Editor to tellus@womenshealthmag.com. "

(I sent on to PAFT president as well)

or anything in a women's magazine that also has articles like " creating your perfect butt in just 2 weeks!"

I did it..maybe if you threw some squats and plyometrics into your running routine, you would too!! ;)

Also I commented on this article on Facebook.. Essentially, it would be slander if it weren't for the fact that the author is profoundly inept.

I did it..maybe if you threw some squats and plyometrics into your running routine, you would too!! ;)

the wife already says I'm a freak of nature for running long distances with minimal preparation. she couldn't handle it if I started doing squats...:)

I'm willing to bet the author is either an NP or wannabe/nearlyis NP.

One of the reasons it's hard to get an appointment with the NP's in my area is they take 30-45 minutes for what a lot of us take 10-15 minutes to do and still get in all our counselling.  One of my old SP's told me of an experiment they did in the ER I used to work at with an NP - she'd take all the folks with chronic issues and instead of dealing with what really brought them in, sit there and go on for 3-4 hours doing primary care stuff and clogging up the beds.  But I guess she's a good listener...

When I wear my lab coat, I wear a regular length one...even when I was a student in second year I wore a long one, since we were treated more like residents than clerks. 

I won't repeat what a lot of us know about working remotely from our SP's.

SK

I hate to be this guy here cause I know our patients (the ones standing on line at the grocery perusing this crap) semi believe this stuff...but good lord, its womens health. Medical advice! right next to the fake workout advice (burn stubborn upper inner arm fat with this one trick), ludicrously fake sex advice (pull on your mans stomach hair to really get him revved up!), and cutesy alcoholic drink recipes that no one will ever make (anyone have chilled essence of Aloe to mix with some popoff?)

Next issue: Dr. Oz on why YOU ARENT HAVING ENOUGH ORGASMS!!!

When I was growing up these were always right next to the "batboy" and "elvis lives" magazines.

I hate to be this guy here cause I know our patients (the ones standing on line at the grocery perusing this crap) semi believe this stuff...but good lord, its womens health. Medical advice! right next to the fake workout advice (burn stubborn upper inner arm fat with this one trick), ludicrously fake sex advice (pull on your mans stomach hair to really get him revved up!), and cutesy alcoholic drink recipes that no one will ever make (anyone have chilled essence of Aloe to mix with some popoff?)

Next issue: Dr. Oz on why YOU ARENT HAVING ENOUGH ORGASMS!!!

When I was growing up these were always right next to the "batboy" and "elvis lives" magazines.

Man, I knew my life wasn't exciting but I've got to get THIS issue!

Archived