Is it stealing or patient choice? I want to negotiate retaining patients once my service ceases

In starting out with my house calls practice... i want to propose retaining my patients if i move on from the service contract with the DOC I'm in a service contract with...good idea? Is this a routine thing?  

House Calls still feels like the wild west !  What are the rules?

So,

I was about to send this to a potential service partner: "I have just left a contract that rendered me to having to say, “No, I cannot care for you any longer”.  These patients are reporting to me now, that they are not being follow-up with and this makes me very uncomfortable.  In preventing this from happening in the future, I want to be able to have my own service. With this service, I would carry the patients who choose to follow me and attach to whom my next Physician/partner will be. So, in going forward, I will need to be able to know that those patients whom I care for have “patient choice” to follow me if they so choose; if I ever leave our partnership." 

but felt i should run this past the experts...you guys who are already successful PAs in business!

Thanks tons

Archived