Did anyone else see that Stanford has now been moved to CAPSA?

logo_header_som_print.gif
Search
  • This Site Only
  • Stanford Medical Sites
Admissions

Application packets for classes beginning in June/July 2016 - deadline has been extended (tentatively October 1st - official deadline will be announced), due to the transition to CASPA.  More details to come! Visit the Stanford PCAP website for updates/announcements. Please hold off on submitting documents until further notice. All applications received by the deadline are prescreened to determine that the clinical and academic prerequisites have been met. Complete applications are then reviewed by the Admissions Committee. Based on this review, selected applicants will be invited to a validation session. Final class selection is made after the validation session and follows the program's admission criteria posted on the web. Frequently, the most competitive applicants are those that have surpassed the minimum academic and clinical requirements. All applicants will receive a written notification of the result of their application. Confidentiality issues prohibit giving feedback by telephone.

It definitely gives me a better chance at raising my GPA to a more noticeable level. It also lets me take a mandatory library research class towards completion of my AA; the school I go to here in Oregon did not let me petition for graduation because they require a 1 credit online course for library use. Having the AA in hand will make it easier to prove I have completed my GE requirements.

The supplemental questions are up -- however, in the supplemental it asks you to answer questions about why you want to go to Stanford with a 5000 word limit -- for some reason I think they meant characters, as 5000 words would be something like 10 pages. I'm going to call their admissions office to verify if its a typo on Monday.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone received confirmation that the school has "received" the supplemental app with fee? All required information?? It would be beneficial to know since this portion is mailed via USPS. It looks like in the previous years they have mailed a postcard regarding this info. Has anyone received a postcard or email?? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes you're supposed to complete the Excel worksheet provided in the link.

As far as the secondary essay, it states answering questions. I've written an additional essay (as well as the CASPA). We're we to answer in short-essay form to the 5 questions?

Thank you, yes I submitted last week. Since the spreadsheet was locked I was having a few issues inputting my schools information. As for the essay it doesn't specify on format. I too submitted mine in essay format. Best of luck!

Has anyone received confirmation that the school has "received" the supplemental app with fee? All required information?? It would be beneficial to know since this portion is mailed via USPS. It looks like in the previous years they have mailed a postcard regarding this info. Has anyone received a postcard or email??

I emailed the program asking about this roughly 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear a response. I would be very disappointed if they didn't receive my supplemental application and I'm out the money. I'll let you know if and when I hear anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I emailed the program asking about this roughly 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear a response. I would be very disappointed if they didn't receive my supplemental application and I'm out the money. I'll let you know if and when I hear anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I sent my via FedEx with delivery confirmation last week. I was able to verify that it was recieved that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived