I have been offered 96K (salary for 4, 10 hr shifts) in a rural clinic (qualifies for govt loan repayment programs!), 5K signing bonus, paid bennies for me and family, 3 wks vacation, and paid malpractice (not sure yet if it includes tail...). It is a 3 yr contract. However, it only includes 1k for CME-- is this relatively reasonable considering the rest of what they are offering?

However, it only includes 1k for CME-- is this relatively reasonable considering the rest of what they are offering?

It may or not be...

What's your previous experience... and does it relate to this potential job...?

I ask because say for instance you are negotiating a PA Nephrology position...

What you should expect can be tempered by the fact that prior to your PA program you just happened to have 5 yrs experience as a Dialysis Tech, then another 3 yrs as a Dialysis RN.

• 1 month later...

I've been hearing that the average is more toward the $2000 range, but all 3 offers I received were $1000-1200 stipend with 3-5 days paid for CME, and the one I accepted was $1000 as well but with 5 paid days. I think you've got a sweet deal! ;-) Congratulations!

Archived