2015-2016 application cycle

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you get an interview if your GRE score isnt in yet?

Probably not, though I can't say for certain (any current students have a better idea if this is the case?) Since they require the GRE, they will likely hold on to your application until your official scores have been sent to them by ETS. Until then, technically you don't meet their minimum criteria. Have you taken it yet? Are you just waiting for ETS to send scores?

Probably not, though I can't say for certain (any current students have a better idea if this is the case?) Since they require the GRE, they will likely hold on to your application until your official scores have been sent to them by ETS. Until then, technically you don't meet their minimum criteria. Have you taken it yet? Are you just waiting for ETS to send scores?

This is right, something happened through CASPA and my GRE score was being shown as "unofficial" and when I logged into the Midwestern portal to check my app status it said it hadn't gone through because the score was needed. So I called CASPA and MWU and figured it out and now my application is in review but I asked if my application had been looked at yet and they said no. It really sucks because the issue took a couple weeks to fix so my application was officially submitted pretty late.

Does anyone know how you get a notification about the secondary app? Does MWU have one?

This is right, something happened through CASPA and my GRE score was being shown as "unofficial" and when I logged into the Midwestern portal to check my app status it said it hadn't gone through because the score was needed. So I called CASPA and MWU and figured it out and now my application is in review but I asked if my application had been looked at yet and they said no. It really sucks because the issue took a couple weeks to fix so my application was officially submitted pretty late.

Does anyone know how you get a notification about the secondary app? Does MWU have one?

Same problem w/ my GRE scores (my application should've been completed June 17 but problem wasn't fixed until July 24). There is no secondary app and the only confirmation I got that my application was under review was by calling!

Same problem w/ my GRE scores (my application should've been completed June 17 but problem wasn't fixed until July 24). There is no secondary app and the only confirmation I got that my application was under review was by calling!

Are you sure there is no supplemental app? Through the MWU portal there's a tab for a supplemental but I still haven't received one. Also-for those of you that have received an interview invite did you get an email, call, or a notification through the MWU portal??

Are you sure there is no supplemental app? Through the MWU portal there's a tab for a supplemental but I still haven't received one. Also-for those of you that have received an interview invite did you get an email, call, or a notification through the MWU portal??

There is a tab there but mine says (and has always said) that there was nothing to fill out / nothing required.

I received an email. Can't speak to whether I had a phone call because I'm out of the country and can't use my phone. The email requested that I log in to the portal and schedule my interview from there.

People who have gotten an interview or current students- Did I apply too late to be considered for an interview? My app was finalized 7/28 because there was an issue with my GRE score. Has anyone received an email who submitted around that time?? 

My app was verified 7/15 and I received an email from Midwestern on 7/23 that my app was received and complete.  I received my interview invitation on 8/1.  So, if you mean you received that "app complete" on 7/28, I wasn't too far ahead of you! I hope that helps!

My application was complete with Midwestern on 7/10.. I still have not heard back.. I called today and they said it was with admissions for a decision. Last year I was wait listed for an interview and I am hoping for a better outcome this time around!!

Just thought I'd shed some hope for you guys.

People who have gotten an interview or current students- Did I apply too late to be considered for an interview? My app was finalized 7/28 because there was an issue with my GRE score. Has anyone received an email who submitted around that time?? 

From my experience last cycle, you shouldn't be too late.  I was much closer to the deadline and I believe the last interviews were around February or March. 

Did they invite you for an interview after wait listing you

I was waitlisted before being invited to interview.  If you did your best putting your application together, the rest is kind of out of your hands.  Worrying about what's out of your control isn't going to help you much.  It looks like the interviewing is just getting started so it's too early for despair and distraught. 

Good luck!

Not too late at all. My CASPA was verified September last year. I got interview invite on Christmas eve and interviewed in January and got the call in two days. 

Last year my CASPA was verified in mid September, with an email that my app was on hold pending an interview several weeks later. I received an invite to interview in late February, with a rejection a few days later. In my interview group, everyone was local - in Arizona at the time - kind of a last minute round up of candidates, I think. Several people from my interview group were accepted, so don't start worrying yet! My app was completed with MWU on 7/28 as well, no word either way as of this morning.

Last year my CASPA was verified in mid September, with an email that my app was on hold pending an interview several weeks later. I received an invite to interview in late February, with a rejection a few days later. In my interview group, everyone was local - in Arizona at the time - kind of a last minute round up of candidates, I think. Several people from my interview group were accepted, so don't start worrying yet! My app was completed with MWU on 7/28 as well, no word either way as of this morning.

Not too late at all. My CASPA was verified September last year. I got interview invite on Christmas eve and interviewed in January and got the call in two days. 

Thanks guys! @AZhokie lets hope we both hear soon, from what I've seen people who submitted a week before us have started hearing back about a week ago so it could be any day now! 

@mwustudent Thanks for the input! 

Archived