27 replies to this topic

#21 cop to pa

cop to pa

PA-S, class of 2018

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:35 PM

My last duty station on AD was education and training LPO at a clinic. My job was to arrange CME for the NP, PA and MD. Scheduled it at Bethesda or Walter Reed. Brought in others to the clinic for teaching on the clinics dime. The providers didnt need CME budget unless they wanted to take something special.

#22 Maverick87

Maverick87

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

My last duty station on AD was education and training LPO at a clinic. My job was to arrange CME for the NP, PA and MD. Scheduled it at Bethesda or Walter Reed. Brought in others to the clinic for teaching on the clinics dime. The providers didnt need CME budget unless they wanted to take something special.

When did you get out?

I was in a small clinic in the middle of nowhere. We had to pay for CME ourselves and had to take personal leave time as well (though the personal leave depended on whether or not the commander liked you).

#23 cop to pa

cop to pa

PA-S, class of 2018

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

#24 Maverick87

Maverick87

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:49 AM

Yeah, things have changed a lot since then. No CME when I was in (2012-16). This wasn't just limited to PAs. Doctors didn't have it either.

#25 LT_Oneal_PAC

LT_Oneal_PAC

PA-C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:39 PM

Yeah, things have changed a lot since then. No CME when I was in (2012-16). This wasn't just limited to PAs. Doctors didn't have it either.

They give time off and pay for CME for physicians at my station. Granted, we are a FM residency. I didn't ask because they sent me to other military courses for combat casualty and infectious disease that gave CME.

U.S. Navy PA, FMFQO
LT "Doc Holliday", PA-C, RN

#26 Maverick87

Maverick87

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:15 PM

They give time off and pay for CME for physicians at my station. Granted, we are a FM residency. I didn't ask because they sent me to other military courses for combat casualty and infectious disease that gave CME.

Maybe this is branch-specific or even base-specific. I hear that the Navy has much better retention of their providers than the Air Force and this may be one of the reasons.

#27 LT_Oneal_PAC

LT_Oneal_PAC

PA-C

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:39 AM

Maybe this is branch-specific or even base-specific. I hear that the Navy has much better retention of their providers than the Air Force and this may be one of the reasons.

Ha! I assure you we have a pretty abysmal retention rate as well. None of the people my age/rank that I know are staying in. Only ones I know staying were the prior corpsmen, who have a much greater financial incentive to stay just a few more tours.
  • Maverick87 likes this

U.S. Navy PA, FMFQO
LT "Doc Holliday", PA-C, RN

#28 Maverick87

Maverick87

Registered

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:08 AM

Ha! I assure you we have a pretty abysmal retention rate as well. None of the people my age/rank that I know are staying in. Only ones I know staying were the prior corpsmen, who have a much greater financial incentive to stay just a few more tours.

Same.

Hell, I'm out now....and I don't regret that decision at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users