Textbook question

• Administrator

Eh, I'm a big fan of dead tree reading material, and I bought just about everything on the recommended list--usually used off of Amazon if I could.  I'll admit, there isn't a whole lot I've referred to after PA school, and I can count on two hands the books I've actually ever opened again:

Bates', Current, Fitzpatrick, Sanford, Harrison's, Netter's, Netter's Orthopedic, Harriet Lane, Essentials of Pediatrics, and a few other Ortho books.  Hmm.  I guess that's actually about half of them, even though it seems like the references are infrequent.

As far as renting goes... It wouldn't be the area where I would choose to cut costs.  Don't look at new vs. rental, look at used vs. rental, and see how much you might actually save, because if you can put up with losing the book entirely after a while, you can probably cope with someone else's notes and highlighting.

There are lots of resources available (legit and not so legit) where you can download digital copies of almost every textbook you need for free.
Many/most schools have access to digital copies through their libraries.

Having a tablet like an iPad with a big library of all your books in one handy device is pretty amazing.

Archived