Programs not requiring GRE

I plan to take the GRE for 2 of the 11 programs I want to apply to this year and was wondering if I do not do so well on the GRE, will the other 9 programs care about my GRE score just cause it's there? If a program says they don't require GRE that means they dont even look at it correct? Thank you. 

Guest JPG13

If those 2 programs do not require you to self-report GRE scores on CASPA (they only require you to send your scores to their institutional code), there is no way the other 9 programs would know your GRE score.

If you do have to self-report, all the programs will be able to see the score on your application. Whether or not they consider it will depend on each school... I know that some schools that don't require the GRE specifically say they don't give it any weight, even if it's there. I'd call and ask the others.

Thanks this actually makes things alot simpler for me! Another question: Do i have to still check the "yes i took the GRE" box in my CASPA application even though I sent the scores to the schools individually? My concern is will the programs that require GRE look at my CASPA application and be like "oh he didn't take the GRE cause its not explicitly stated in his CASPA" and then proceed to ignore my application. 

Guest JPG13

No, if they don't require you to self-report, they do require you to send your scores to their institution. So if you mark that you took the GRE, they will expect to have you send your scores to them.

Archived