2015-2016 Cycle

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell me about the area? I've heard Vallejo is not the safest/best area. How do you feel about being in the area alone at night? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Vallejo is not very safe.  Mare island is off Vallejo and is only accessible by bridge.  Mare Island itself is safe except for the Mosquitos during certain parts of the year.  Many students live on-island, some in Vallejo, and others live in Benicia.  Benicia is a nice town about 20 minutes away. 

• 2 weeks later...

*Sorry for the duplicate post on the accepted students page*

Hello all,

Can anyone here tell me if the cost of the tuition is (in your view) worth it? I am lucky enough to have been accepted from multiple programs including Touro CA, and I'm trying to weigh pros and cons. So far though, I'm having a hard time justifying the high tuition cost versus other programs. I understand that a MPH is "included", but most jobs that I'm seeing only require pa-c. Any input?

*Sorry for the duplicate post on the accepted students page*

Hello all,

Can anyone here tell me if the cost of the tuition is (in your view) worth it? I am lucky enough to have been accepted from multiple programs including Touro CA, and I'm trying to weigh pros and cons. So far though, I'm having a hard time justifying the high tuition cost versus other programs. I understand that a MPH is "included", but most jobs that I'm seeing only require pa-c. Any input?

Hi.I personally applied because of their mission but I agree with you the cost is something to consider. I've also had people tell me it's way too expensive and the mph is never used. If you have other, affordable options then I would take the affordable route unless youre really accepting because of the program, mission, location and mph. Good luck and congrats on your multiple programs

Well, I just declined my seat in the program. The cost was just something I couldn't justify. This is a great program, led by Grace Landel who is awesome. Definitely a great program, something a bit more feasible came up. Good luck to all waiting to hear!

Yeah, she was great and I love the mission and what the program stands for. Good luck and you're in a program already so congrats! I'm sure the one you choose will be lucky to have you.

Hey everyone, just wanted to share that I was medium waitlisted and received a call this evening extending an offer for admission! Definitely was amazing to hear since Touro was my only school I had received an interview for and I was just about giving up hope! I hope that a few more of you are able to receive similar news????

Hey everyone, just wanted to share that I was medium waitlisted and received a call this evening extending an offer for admission! Definitely was amazing to hear since Touro was my only school I had received an interview for and I was just about giving up hope! I hope that a few more of you are able to receive similar news????

Wow congrats! Look like you may have gotten @heisman1979 spot! Medium wait list huh? Well hopefully they still have some spots.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten off of a wait list recently? I got an email from Naisha in regards to when the latest could be that one could hear from the program regarding admission or rejection. She states she doesn't have a time frame but assuming soon. Does anyone know if one could hear from them even after matriculation once they see if someone decided not to show up?

I haven't heard anything. They have to be nearly full at this date.

I hope we find out soon. Not sure what my chances are considering I'm on the low wait list but hoping for the best. I just want to know, if it's an acceptance, with enough time.

Hey everyone, I was lucky enough to receive an acceptance call yesterday from Touro. I was previously on the medium waitlist and had intervewed back in October. Unfortunately I had to decline the offer because the reality of the very high cost and a few personal reasons, but I wish everyone good luck who is still trying, I'm pretty sure there still is hope!!

Hey everyone, I was lucky enough to receive an acceptance call yesterday from Touro. I was previously on the medium waitlist and had intervewed back in October. Unfortunately I had to decline the offer because the reality of the very high cost and a few personal reasons, but I wish everyone good luck who is still trying, I'm pretty sure there still is hope!!

Wow! Congrats! Well hoping for the best. Nt sure how many people are on the med wait list but we will see. Can I ask what your overall GPA was, how much volunteer vs paid hands on experience you had?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let those of you who are eagerly waiting know that theres been movement on the waitlist!!! ( I just got accepted off the waitlist today!! :)

I applied in september, supplemental invite in december, interviewed in late february and was medium-waitlisted. So.. there's still hope guys!!!!! Good luck to those who are re-applying!!!!! Apply early!! It is quite the journey but it will be all worth it in the end!!

Please message me if you have any questions. I am happy to answer them!!!!!!!!

I was also offered a seat although I am very apprehensive to accept the offer fully because of the high cost of the school. Those who have been accepted how are you going to deal with this?

Thanks

Great question! And congrats on the acceptance. We're you on the high, med, or low wait list? Also,yes I know a few people that declined due to cost and accepted offers at other schools that were more affordable so i, too, would like to know how people are handling the loan process, or getting loans. Are loans guaranteed? Thanks @thekingofswingswing and congrats again! You've got a tough decision.

I was accepted off the waitlist last week (medium waitlist) but I declined as I am already set to attend another PA program. I was actually surprised by the call. I didn't think they would get down to the medium waitlist. So for those of you still waiting, there is still hope! =)

I was accepted off the waitlist last week (medium waitlist) but I declined as I am already set to attend another PA program. I was actually surprised by the call. I didn't think they would get down to the medium waitlist. So for those of you still waiting, there is still hope! =)

@Benny thanks for the heads up. Congrats on getting into both programs. Did you receive a call from the Vallejo area code or did you receive a private call?

Thank you

Archived