Hello! I am needing some advice with my current situation.

My employer delayed my contracted start date by 6 weeks due to a delay in the credentialing process (their mistake). They did not compensate me for this time lapse even though I terminated my previous employment in order to start on the start date agreed upon.  Does this count as breach of contract, or is this contract now null and void?

I am looking for another position (already have 2 offers!) due to the bad precedent set by this company and am wondering if I still need to give 90 days notice as outlined in the contract. 

Thank you!

Hello! I am needing some advice with my current situation.

My employer delayed my contracted start date by 6 weeks due to a delay in the credentialing process (their mistake). They did not compensate me for this time lapse even though I terminated my previous employment in order to start on the start date agreed upon. Does this count as breach of contract, or is this contract now null and void?

I am looking for another position (already have 2 offers!) due to the bad precedent set by this company and am wondering if I still need to give 90 days notice as outlined in the contract.

Thank you!

Talk with the manager and voice your concern first. Had a similar situation last year. Spoke with the manager to let me out of the contract as I told her that I was not happy and financially could not endure another month. she did. She did not compensate for the time as I did not ask. Sometimes better to talk then fight.

Archived