Anyone want to go to Nepal?

He is in an area that only has sat phone access. l think his only communication is with his family. They should be safe as the are living and working in tents and they are further away from this last epicenter. However there could always be landslides. You may have heard that an American helicopter went down today and is missing. It was working in a different but nearby area. It would be highly unlikely that any of the team would have been on,board. The marines,who were probably on board,  as well as all of the people in Nepal, need your continued prayers.

I'm glad you are back safe and sound and I can wait to hear your stories. I just got off a plane from Spain and will need to be at work in the morning so I know how you are feeling with jet-lag.

yup. Kmandu to home was 4 flights and 23 hours not counting layovers...work a few days at my rural job then off to SF for aapa and need to finish a 40 page paper by 6/7. have about 25 so far. wrote some on the plane going there, but too tired on way back. will post info about trip soon.

yup. Kmandu to home was 4 flights and 23 hours not counting layovers...work a few days at my rural job then off to SF for aapa and need to finish a 40 page paper by 6/7. have about 25 so far. wrote some on the plane going there, but too tired on way back. will post info about trip soon.

Can wait to hear about all it. Saw only the two photos up by NYC-Medics.

What did you do with the fractures (if any) requiring ORIF?  Our only choice was airlifting or families carrying them to the nearest road (30-40 miles away) and getting to the orthopedic hospital in Kath by bus.

I heard from Anil that the trails that we used have been heavily damanged.  Are these people, where you worked, isolated now even for foot travel?

You didn't make it up to Lapa did you?  I heard their school was also gone.

Private Helicopter . . . that was $10,000 / pop when I was there.  Did they give you a break?

Was Anil's daughter one of the 15 year old girl interpreter?

I found the Nepalese to be super-human in their body weight / lifting power ratio. 

Can't wait to see your photos!

I will probably not attempt to go since I don't feel the need is as acute now and upon my return I would loose my business and have to lay off 5 people.  Next time I hope I can make it. I hope there is never a need for the next time.

Here was my view of the Ganish:

IMG_1729%20copy.jpg

none of our fxs were surgical.

most villages now are completely isolated by landslides. one of our mobile teams could not safely reach another village on foot.

did not go to lapa.

our helicopter was subsidized by the UN but still expensive.

Anil's daughter Priya was one of the interpreters.

have you ever been to dwarika? http://www.dwarikas.com/index.php?clicked_landing_page=1

we had dinner there the last night. it was awesome.

our view ever day: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=genesh+1+nepal&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=36A0DEB7A8B5ACFB5A423DA9FC634983718791F4&selectedIndex=15

We had a banquet at "the most fancy place in Kathmandu" which may have been dwarika.  We ate inside at a banquet room and I can't remember what the outside looked like.

We are all looking forward to your photos and more stories when you get rested.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived