who are the AAPA leaders who post or lurk on this forum?

Since this is the largest (maybe only) PA forum, I would assume that our AAPA leadership makes itself present.  Who are the AAPA board members, senior staff, etc who post or lurk here?  If you want to remain anonymous, please IM me, but I would hope you would be public.

If there are none, or few, why?  This is a good way to see what PAs think and feel.

Seriously looking for an answer.  Thank you.

Going back over the recent years (last 5 or so), the name change sentiment really began to grow again. Several of the PAs who are or were involved with the name change petition, 100 Leaders Statement, and supporting PAFT are/were regular PA Forum contributors. PA Forum became seen as a home for name change support, and the easiest place to see it discussed online.

PA who were in leadership- either at state or nat'l academy levels- were reading what we were writing here. Unfortunately some of them tried to paint us as disgruntled, a vocal minority, etc. 

Few if any of them posted replies. But the discussion here was part of the national conversation.

The AAPA even tried to launch its own PA forum (http://www.pasconnect.org/forum/) which IMO was an attempt to hold a forum to steer the conversation. You can see by the post count there how well it worked.

My guess is that they are still observing to get a sense of what the sentiment is on all sorts of issues. And I doubt most would make themselves known.

Many years ago when I ran for a position on the board for NYSSPA, I posted my name, email and cell phone because I represented the NY PAs and felt I should be accessible to the people I represent.  I was active in a variety of positions for 10 years and always transparent. To think that the AAPA monitors what we say and does not respond is not acceptible to me.  Burnpac was a president more than a few years ago.

Archived