What salary to expect as Hospilalist PA

Hi All,

I have an interview coming up with a mid-sized community hospital with the Hospitalist group.  I've been out for a while (8 yrs) and have experience in Ortho, ER, Urgent Care, Occ Health and Internal Medicine (home health).  I've tried to research expected salary for experienced PA's but can't find anything.  

Does anyone know what a reasonable offer would be for this position? I've worked at this hospital before and I know CME will be <$2000.  

Thanks in advance.

Also any interview tips would be great!

I am not a hospitalist PA, but I have a couple friends that have shared their pay and benefits in my area.  They make 65/hour with full benefits package and PTO.  I think most of them work 32-40 hours a week depending how much they want to work and/or their availability for shifts.  They all have experience, but with 8 years of varied experience you do as well.  They typically manage 10-14 patients a day or help with admissions from the ER. 

• 2 months later...

I am not a hospitalist PA, but I have a couple friends that have shared their pay and benefits in my area. They make 65/hour with full benefits package and PTO. I think most of them work 32-40 hours a week depending how much they want to work and/or their availability for shifts. They all have experience, but with 8 years of varied experience you do as well. They typically manage 10-14 patients a day or help with admissions from the ER.

Would love to know area of the country your friends' are in. Also call/weekends/holidays? Salary or hourly?? Daily patient load??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In CT- for a new grad at an academic medical center

100k to start

1 weekend/month- get 2 days off next week or collect the OT (which amounts to an extra 15k/yr)

Patient load typically 8-15 for a PA/MD duo.

1500- 2000 CME, 5 days for CME

3 weeks vaca

8-430 m-f

Private message me!! Also in CT. Would love to get details. My employer claims they are paying "in the 50th %ile. Doubt it given those numbers.

Let's chat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did end up getting an offer of $108K. I would be working not only in the hospital but also across the street in the SNF where we manage all the Whipple pts for one of the surgeons.  2 weekends a month. No additional benefits.

It was literally down the street from my house but I got an offer with the VA (much further away and less pay but better long term benefits) so I turned it down.  

I worked for this hospital before and there also wasn't any potential for growth in the future where as the VA, I feel like the sky is the limit.  

So even though, for the short term, the pay is slightly less, it will pay off in the future. 

Also, I knew that Chicago pays really low for PAs so for me to expect $65/hr was going to be  stretch. 

Archived