I hope our NP colleagues fix this...

The following video is one of the national ads by the AANP pushing for NP independence and autonomy. It shows a cardiology nurse practitioner ("doctor") explaining diastolic heart failure.

In the video she says "there are two types of diastolic heart failure: systolic and diastolic." Twice. I am embarrassed for them. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYyrW7gev7Y

Guest Paula

I got the picture of the heart rotating in the chest with the hand gestures she was using to explain the pumping. Anyone else get that?

Even worse, the feeding frenzy that would ensue on SDN...

There was a true story in the news (where I got my April's Fool idea about ISIL recruiting PAs) that ISIL was recurting American medical students to come to work as full fleged physicians in the new Islamic Caliphate and some were going.  I just imagine, knowing the toxicity that I've seen at the SDN, that would be the ideal recruiting spot.

I think what they're getting at is that the main cause of diastolic heart failure is systolic heart failure. That's what seems to stick in my brain for some reason. Must have been something I learned in my intense 50-week-long didactic phase.

Are they trying to say there are two kinds of diastolic failure: primary and secondary? And secondary is probably due to systolic failure? ...Maybe? ...why am I doing all this work to make sense of it?

There was a true story in the news (where I got my April's Fool idea about ISIL recruiting PAs) that ISIL was recurting American medical students to come to work as full fleged physicians in the new Islamic Caliphate and some were going.  I just imagine, knowing the toxicity that I've seen at the SDN, that would be the ideal recruiting spot.

Too late. parnemt already shared on SDN. I feel kinda bad, but the AANP did take the video down. 

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/let-this-np-teach-you-about-chf.1129601/

Guest Paula

The sad thing is that they have it much better than PAs in terms of autonomy and lobbying..Even more options.. 

True.  But why was this ad put out by AANP and obviously they didn't get how bad it was?

PAs entering the profession will rock it if they know enough to advocate for the profession and prove we practice medicine, then work for our own autonomy.

Too late. parnemt already shared on SDN. I feel kinda bad, but the AANP did take the video down. 

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/let-this-np-teach-you-about-chf.1129601/

I emailed AANP as soon as it was discovered and explained to them to take it down ASAP

this serves no one to have something like that published... bummer they did it.. just makes them look bad....

I emailed AANP as soon as it was discovered and explained to them to take it down ASAP

this serves no one to have something like that published... bummer they did it.. just makes them look bad....

I hate to think if it was aapa who published it.. They'd probably publish something about it to shame us, haha

Archived