Site score required to actually receive NHSC LRP

Hello all, 

I know this has been discussed, but I didn't find any threads from the last several years. I'm pretty familiar with the NHSC loan repayment program, but would love to hear from people who have applied within the last 1-2 years, what your site score was and if you were accepted for LRP. 

I am considering applying to several clinics with a score of 15 and from what I gather, this is about the threshold for actually getting the reimbursement. I have a classmate that was unable to get reimbursement last year with a score of 10. I know this is all anecdotal, but please share any experience you have in this regard.

Second question. Are PAs now eligible for $50k per year? I could've sworn that when I was looking into the program several years ago the year reimbursement was $30k yearly. 

Thanks.

Hope this helps, sorry if this is something you already know:

Source: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loanrepayment/lrpapplicationguidance.pdf

In order to receive the maximum award amount identified above, the applicant must remain working at an NHSC-approved service site, located in a HPSA, designated for their discipline and specialty with a HPSA score of 14 or above throughout the contract period.

Service Options NHSC LRP participants have a choice of service options:

(1) 2-year Full-Time Clinical Practice. The NHSC will pay up to $50,000* for an initial 2 years of full-time clinical practice to clinicians serving at an NHSC-approved service site with a HPSA score of 14 or higher. Applicants who will be working at NHSC-approved service sites with HPSA scores of 13 or lower are eligible to receive up to $30,000 for an initial 2 years of fulltime clinical service. Full-time clinical practice is defined as no less than 40 hours per week, for a minimum of 45 weeks per year

(2) 2-year Half-Time Clinical Practice. The NHSC will pay up to $25,000 for an initial 2 years of half-time clinical service to clinicians serving at an NHSC-approved service site with a HPSA score of 14 or higher. Applicants who will be working at NHSC-approved service sites with HPSA scores of 13 or lower are eligible to receive up to $15,000* for an initial 2 years of half- 5 time clinical service.

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update on the thread. I ended up taking a position with one of he clinic groups that I mentioned in my first post. I was hired too late to apply for LRP this cycle, but am planning to for the next. We have a site score of 15 and unfortunately the one other PA that I spoke with was denied the award this year. Another PA that I work with recieved awards the past several years, but did not apply this year.

Wondering if anybody recently recieved LRP and what your site score was?

Thanks!

Archived