Alternates - C/O 2017

If this is true, hopefully you match my stats and experience. I just declined my spot in the program and wish whoever gets it the best of luck in the program.

Haha! Well thank you, I hope so too! That would be awesome. Thank you for letting me know, it gives me more hope that I still might have a chance. Good luck to you wherever you go!

If this is true, hopefully you match my stats and experience.  I just declined my spot in the program and wish whoever gets it the best of luck in the program.

Did you have to pay the $500 deposit fee since you took longer than 2 weeks to decide? Just curious if this isnt the case and there might be more people declining in the near future

Did you have to pay the $500 deposit fee since you took longer than 2 weeks to decide? Just curious if this isnt the case and there might be more people declining in the near future

I was worried about the same thing, thinking people wouldn't declined now that they've paid. But a friend of mine reassured me that people still will. She dropped from two schools after paying both deposits because she finally got accepted to her top choice school. So it's possible! There's still hope.

Everyone who accepts has to pay the deposit to save their seat in the program.  I sent in my check in certified mail fairly early and since it was the first school I was accepted it, this was a no brainer.  When the school i had my heart set on called, that also wasn't even a tough decision for me.

Considering that I’m ready to invest 150k to 200k for school and living expenses for the next 2 years, $500 is a small sacrifice to be able to attend a program I had my heart set on.  Don’t get me wrong, it is a good chunk of money, but it’s a choice that will shape the next 2 years of my life.  I’ve actually spent more than that on a trip out of state for flight, hotel, and car rental to attend an interview. 

^^Yep same here. I spent more money to go out of town, for one day, to interview. I accepted and was prepared to move across country then Western came through. The $500 was nothing compared to what it would have cost to move. Similar decisions are being made by others at this moment I'm sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! So I spoke with my admissions counsellor today. I guess they've accepted like 8-10 alternates so far. And I was told something that made me hopeful and sad.

I guess once you are given an interview you are considered competitive, based on your application. Then acceptance is pretty much only based on your interview. If you didn't get accepted, it's only because of your interview, not your other stats from your application. So it's good to know that we all just have to work on interview skills, but it's sad when that was the only thing keeping us from an acceptance. Especially for those, like me, who thought they did really well lol. Just thought you'd like to know! Best wishes to you all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived