Indiana State University Interview

I got the same thing! Its weird but I know they have had a lot more applications than expected. There is no forum under Indiana State University so I'm not sure where to post anything regarding the school. There is one post/thread from them announcing the program though. I hope the interviews aren't too soon, like in 2 weeks or something! I got an interview with 2 weeks notice and it was not cheap and it was stressful with such a short time period to take off work and make arrangements.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I was invited to an interview at ISU on May 24th, but haven't heard any specifics yet on exact meeting location, time, etc. Did anyone who posted earlier have an interview yet? Did you feel comfortable with the way it was structured? I don't want to ask any specific questions, because I think sometimes that can be too forward! Just wanting to make sure they didn't throw any major bombshells at anyone! ;) Any info or advice would be appreciated!

Also to marilynpac: As stated earlier, there is not a PA school thread for Indiana State since it's such a new program. But if you know how to get them to create one (as they are currently starting their 3rd application cycle) that would be great!

I haven't heard any additional specifics on the interview...haven't gotten a plane ticket either and then I have to rent a care and find a place to stay! Anyone know of any hostels? Otherwise I was thinking of couch surfing. Is anyone interviewing that lives there and has an open space I could crash in? I'm sure they will do the standard interview things and ask the standard questions. They are all pretty much the same, you just have to be well prepared to answer anything.

sarraeo26, When is your interview? I interviewed today and overall thought it was a great experience (as it was my 1st interview.) The ADCOM was very laid back and you're right, it was pretty standard... I think they just want to know they type of person you are and how you handle yourself in certain situations.

As for Terre Haute having hostels- I doubt it! I'm not sure if you're familiar with Indiana, but Terre Haute is a small "city" in the middle of interstates and cornfields, lol! There were some people in my interview who stayed at some decently priced hotels. You would fly into Indianapolis, so you could also stay in Indy and then drive to ISU in the morning (it takes about an hour and 30 mins). Good luck and I hope you make it to Indiana safely!

klrigden, How did it go today? Did you think that it was pretty laid back and standard? How were the other interviewees? In my interview I think there were a couple of "No's" (Although I'm not on the committee!) But there were some people who weren't as professional and possibly weren't mature enough for the PA setting. There were definitely others who seemed to really have it together... None of us really talked about our "stats" or other programs we applied to, but I think that most people had applied to multiple other places and I'm not sure if ISU was their #1 choice. Just wanting to see how you thought the competition today stacked up :)

And glad I could help you feel at ease before your interview... I could have used that on Tuesday! lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey guys! I know this is an old thread but I am having trouble finding much about Indiana State University and the interview day, so if any of you could give me some info regarding the interview day that would be great! I've received the itinerary, but I'm wondering about the style of the interview, how long is it, and how many people interview you? I'm just really nervous cuz I really wanna go here, so any information would be extremely helpful! Thanks again! :)

I go to ISU. It's very relaxed. You will be in a group for a part and they will have you take a tour of the campus. And then they will give you lunch and some of us students will talk to you about stuff and answer any questions you have. Then they will have you have the one on one interviews. Hope this helps!

Archived