Books on Your Nightstand and WHY

Audiobook on my phone: Dreaming Void by peter hamilton. Why? I am a nerd who loves sf, what can I say?

Actual books: Snow Sense and Glacier Mountaineering. Spend a week doing glacier mountaineering training in Denali next month :D

very jealous...which guide service are you going with? That is something I have looked into before as well.

"One Up On Wall Street" by Peter Lynch. Has been on my shelf for a while.

"Wisdom Meets Passion" by Dan Miller and Jared Angaza. Love me some Dan Miller and listen to his podcasts when I can. Great ideas on taking chances and living a full life. Finding that time has a greater sense of value and urgency at this point in my life.

Medical books are forever banned from my nightstand!!

"Every Patient Tells a Story" by Lisa Sanders - it's about some cool diagnostic zebras and atypical horses.  More importantly, it's about listening to what people have to say.  I always remember my Oxford Pocket Guide to Clinical Medicine - it said "The patient will tell you what the diagnosis is...just not necessarily in our (medical) terms.  It's our job to figure out what they're saying."  This book essentially does the same thing.

"The House of God" is always a standby if I start finding myself getting cynical - when I re-read it, I laugh and realize things can be much worse.  Incidentally, I'm on my 5th copy.

SK

Archived