new grad rehab hospital night float position

It looks like I'm about to be offered a position at a rehab hospital in Pennsylvania for an evening/night float position covering new admissions. The position is starting at 90,000 ("with wiggle room"). I'm unsure if I should negotiate for a little bit higher considering the wiggle room comment. Perhaps request moving fees or maybe starting at 92,500?

The position is 5 days a week 2-10PM. 29days PTO, 2 days for CME, $1250 for CME.

Great benefits, pension, life insurance. 

Biggest issue is mentoring

IF they are expecting you to fly on your own (no in house back up) you will either fail or have a very very tough first year

salary is okay, CME is low, PTO is okay as long as this does not count legal holidays

Call?

Weekends?

I would say the salary is okay as is - but always try to get that little bit more out of them - BUT in your case I would make it CME $$ - bring it to $2500 and make it clear you want control on how to spend it - you will use it up!

onsite mentoring is the deal breaker

Archived