Why PAs should not have Autonomy

Guest Paula

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Cawley is an academic and out of touch with the realities of clinical practice.

I think that Jim Cawley should be afforded a little more respect for his many substantive contributions to the growth and understanding of the profession. We need academics and researchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Jim Cawley should be afforded a little more respect for his many substantive contributions to the growth and understanding of the profession. We need academics and researchers.

he and I have some considerable disagreements(which we have aired in journals back and forth) about the state of the pa world. I can still give him respect, but I think he is blatantly wrong more often than not.

he and I have some considerable disagreements(which we have aired in journals back and forth) about the state of the pa world. I can still give him respect, but I think he is blatantly wrong more often than not.

And that is your opinion, to which you are entitled. All that I can say is that the profession would not be where it is today without the thought leaders like Cawley and Rod Hooker.

And that is your opinion, to which you are entitled.

I do appreciate his past contributions to the profession, however I think the profession is evolving(and needs to evolve) faster than he is comfortable with.

I know he has trained lots of great PAs at GW over the years, and for that I thank him.

Archived