Financial Aid

Hi all!

I'm going to contact the financial aid office this week, but was wondering if any of you had any input.

Since the program is a certificate / AS program, how did you go about obtaining loans / grants, etc.?

I read on the financial aid website that students do have luck obtaining Cal Grants C, but what about loans and grants?

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm going to contact the financial aid office this week, but was wondering if any of you had any input.

Since the program is a certificate / AS program, how did you go about obtaining loans / grants, etc.?

I read on the financial aid website that students do have luck obtaining Cal Grants C, but what about loans and grants?

Thanks for any help!

oyyy!! financial aid - pain in the freaking a**.

the info session we received during orientation really didn't help at all and I think it left us with more questions than answers. So you pretty much just figure it out with your classmates. I heard lots of frustration from classmates with the Foothill financial aid office because they didn't answer calls or return messages promptly.

What makes things difficult is that we don't apply for financial aid through stanford, but through foothill college - a community college.  Some of us took out loans through wells fargo, but they only give you about 15k per year since foothill is a community college and they don't understand or care that you need about 7,500 *per* quarter. you can also go through Sallie Mae and they will pretty much give you whatever you want but interest rates with them are a little higher even when a great credit score. 

So i took the wellfargo option that helped cover summer and fall quarter.  I got about 10,500 from sub and unsub fed loans. and the bog waiver C for around 900 for those first two quarters.

Now in January a lot of us started the  master's program through St.Francis University so we could then qualify for more federal aid and the grad plus loan. Winter quarter started the first week of january...I barely this week just received my refund from St.Francis University so now I can pay Foothill college.  Other classmates have yet to see their refund from St Francis. 

It's just a mess. quite frustrating. I've heard during the last quarter you then go through foothill college for your financial aid again....but I'm not sure. I'll figure it out when I get there. 

But, you can't beat the total cost of tuition since once Stanford begins their PA masters program the price will jump sky high. 

Sorry for the rant, lol, but just being honest :)

good luck!, 

Archived