PAs @ NYP?

I work at NYP/Columbia site.  The first interview is with HR.  Its about a 10-15 min interview.  They will ask why you are applying, hours and days you can work, and other standard ?.  Final ? is what is your salary range.  They will forward your CV to the department you are applying, and schedule a follow-up in person interview with in the week.  Which department and site are you applying to?

I work at NYP/Columbia site.  The first interview is with HR.  Its about a 10-15 min interview.  They will ask why you are applying, hours and days you can work, and other standard ?.  Final ? is what is your salary range.  They will forward your CV to the department you are applying, and schedule a follow-up in person interview with in the week.  Which department and site are you applying to?

@REMPAC thanks so much for the response and heads up.  i'm trying to apply for a transplant position at the columbia site. what type of work are you doing there? you like it?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!  I'm also currently applying to the NYP/Columbia site and am curious about the whole process as well. Most specifically, I've been told there is a new grad fixed starting salary that the hire at (regardless of department). Is this true?  Also, does this mean that as a new grad they won't negotiate with you? If anyone can provide any insight/personal experience with NYP/Columbia, that would be great!  

• Upvote 1

I know nothing about the nature of the work there, but I know a fellowship grad who was offered somewhere in the neighborhood of 80k to work in their ED. They didn't take the job.

that is insulting for an em pa residency grad. those folks should demand 100k + to start with 120+ after a few years.

• Upvote 2

Honestly a great friend of mine recently left that job. A soul sucking hell.

Harsh... and vague, there's 5 hospitals (about to be 6) within NYP and >600 PAs spread out across many different departments. Do some of the positions suck? I'm sure they do, just as they would anywhere. Also depends on the person, some would consider my position "soul sucking".... Me? I consider it a position working with and learning from some of the brightest minds in Medicine along with autonomy that most will never get. Do I get worked? Hell yeah, but I should have my pick of jobs in the future and be comfortable in that role because of my training at NYP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As of a few months ago, was 83K to start for new grads, all specialties, not negotiable. This assumes you're under the Hospital which most PAs are (some work for the college). Not sure what the EM Residency grads are starting at but can guarantee you it's not 100k, sadly.

Thanks so much!  I really appreciate the reply and honesty. 

Harsh... and vague, there's 5 hospitals (about to be 6) within NYP and >600 PAs spread out across many different departments. Do some of the positions suck? I'm sure they do, just as they would anywhere. Also depends on the person, some would consider my position "soul sucking".... Me? I consider it a position working with and learning from some of the brightest minds in Medicine along with autonomy that most will never get. Do I get worked? Hell yeah, but I should have my pick of jobs in the future and be comfortable in that role because of my training at NYP.

Columbia internal med

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...