Le Moyne PA Program Class of 2017

Yes, please, let's start this discussion!! I'm moving to Syracuse mid June and would ideally love to room with a fellow PA classmate close to campus...like "right freaking next door" close! Haha! Apartments look pretty amazingly affordable when splitting with one or two others! Or maybe I'm just used to paying ridiculously overpriced rent in Portland! ;-)

I will also be moving. I haven't considered the time frame, but I will be coming from just outside of Boston, MA. It does appear that rent is pretty affordable too! I have no idea of the best locations etc. So hopefully someone can shed some light on this!

hi everyone! Congrats to you all!! I actually did my undergrad at Le Moyne so I know a lot about the area.  Swiss village is an apartment complex right next to our school and it has pretty reasonable rent and it's a 5 min walk to class.  Also there are houses for rent all over the place because Syracuse is such a college town.  I lived on Euclid Ave during my senior year and loved it. 

Does anyone know if they have finished making phone calls to all accepted students? And I was just curious are most of the people applying directly out of undergrad or have most people taken time off after completing prerequisites?

I'm not sure about the phone calls and I can't speak for anyone else -- but for me, I worked for 2.5 years after undergrad while taking and retaking some prereqs.

Does anyone know if they have finished making phone calls to all accepted students? And I was just curious are most of the people applying directly out of undergrad or have most people taken time off after completing prerequisites?

I am not sure about the phone calls either. I am still finishing my undergrad, I have one course to complete this semester for my school, along with the 2 upper level bio courses for LeMoyne. I also worked full time while going to school full time so I was able to accumulate my hours.

Ok, so I have a question about clothing. I live in AZ and have a feeling I'm going to need buy a lot of new clothes. Can one of the undergraduates there explain what most of the guys in PA school are wearing to class? Polos, button downs, dress shoes, etc. I looked at the program guidelines but they are not entirely specific..

Ok, so I have a question about clothing. I live in AZ and have a feeling I'm going to need buy a lot of new clothes. Can one of the undergraduates there explain what most of the guys in PA school are wearing to class? Polos, button downs, dress shoes, etc. I looked at the program guidelines but they are not entirely specific..

I believe they'll send you a larger welcome packet after receiving the deposit. I'm like 99% sure that they'll explain the dress code, but I did ask some of the current students there and it seems that you dress business casual. On the days of lab though, we may wear scrubs. But I'd wait until the packet comes before jumping the gun.

I believe they'll send you a larger welcome packet after receiving the deposit. I'm like 99% sure that they'll explain the dress code, but I did ask some of the current students there and it seems that you dress business casual. On the days of lab though, we may wear scrubs. But I'd wait until the packet comes before jumping the gun.

Thanks for asking some current students ecec890, I appreciate that!

Gmad09 - I could be wrong but I believe that the packet will come after our formal acceptance letter.

Does anyone know if some accepted students weren't called? Or if they call wait listed students as well. I have this little theory that they haven't called all the accepted applicants because on the Facebook page that was created, there is only 20 members. I am one of them (which I have not been notified at all yet) meaning there is 19 accepted students. 74-19 = 55 unaccounted for accepted students!!!! Now I know not everyone has a Facebook but my grandmother has one and I just created one for this purpose! Anyway, if anyone knows anything let me know. Until I get mail, I will continue to tell myself they only called some of the accepted students to created a buzz on these forums then surprise other students so they are grateful for their spots lol. Maybe this psychological abuse will help students be appreciative and stay on top of things. Anyway, I hope I get the chance to work with you all this year! If not, you can maybe be my 2nd year mentor and I'll reapply. PERSEVERE!

Congratulations everyone! Stay warm in this Juno Blizzard for all NE coast people.

I'm considering a few apartments now but am going to wait to do anything since I'm so many months away from moving... I thought the following looked good however.

Rugby square apartments (All around)

Briarcliff estates (Location)

Grant village (Just for the price)

I have also looked at a few of the above apartments since I will be moving sometime this summer (still haven't ironed out all the details). I have also been looking around Liverpool, although I am not 100% sure how much of a commute this would be to Syracuse.

Archived