Health Care Information Security

• Administrator

Recently got my HCISPP.  I ended up dropping my CISA at the end of last year, as no longer relevant to my career, but have maintained my CISM and CISSP.

Does anyone out there understand the above statements?  I'd love to connect with other PAs who are working in health care information security and privacy.

• 1 month later...

I understand some ... In my past life I assisted in developing a curriculum for the following courses: Introduction To Cybercrime, Networking Concepts, Networking Vulnerabilities, Cybercrime Law and Ethics, Data Recovery and Computer Crime Investigations. I also developed a marketing content for Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity website and marketing brochure. Installed and configured network and computer equipment and lab configurations using existing hardware and virtualization software. I have thought of obtaining a certification Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), why do you ask? And as you know I am NOT a PA yet.

• Administrator

I think I'm essentially the only person in the world with my particular overlapping skill set.  I just saw a job posted for a health care organization information security risk manager--I had everything they wanted in 2010, before I started PA school, and nothing else I've done since then (you know, work in healthcare, be certified, treat patients...) mattered in their criteria at all.

Archived