Two great peds jobs in the UK and a chance to maintain the profession

WALSALL HOSPITALS NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE TRUST

PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT - PAEDIATRICS & NEONATES

We are offering a unique opportunity for experienced Physician Assistants to become an integral part of our Paediatrics/Neonates team in the UK; commencing September 2011 for a two year fixed term contract. The post will involve undertaking clinical tasks and functions in roles traditionally performed by middle grade doctors including on-call duties out of hours, at night and weekends. We are offering a robust benefits package including a competitive salary plus 27 days annual leave and 8 Public Holidays per year.

Walsall Hospitals NHS Trust is a busy acute hospital employing over 3200 staff. The hospital has recently completed a £170million redevelopment project which provides modern, first class healthcare facilities including a new Family Health & Diagnostics Centre. Our Maternity Unit delivers approx 3800 babies per year and is supported by a Level 2 neonatal unit.

Walsall itself is situated in the centre of England and is well served by rail and motorway networks providing excellent links to the wider region. Despite being, by population, the largest metropolitan area outside Greater London, Walsall has an impressive number of parks and is surrounded by beautiful countryside in Shropshire and South Staffordshire. The cathedral city of Lichfield, The City of Birmingham, with its variety of attractions and Stratford upon Avon are in close proximity. Birmingham International Airport lies just 18 miles away.

Contact Information:

Dr D Ferdinand, Consultant Paediatrician: email: drusilla.ferdinand@walsallhospitals.nhs.uk or

Dr B J Muhammad, Consultant Paediatrician: email bashir.muhammad@walsallhospitals.nhs.uk

To apply please visit our advert at www.jobs.nhs.uk.

As some of you are aware, the UK initiated the PA model in the early 2000's and have been successful in getting the docs and hospitals excited about the profession. This is a great opportunity for an experienced peds PA. Email me if you want or contact any of the pediatricians listed above.

Sure -the wording of the job offer is straight from the hospital so my particular information is more generic. I understand that the salary is in-line with a peds in the US; the benefit package is particularly rich in vacation/CME days such that you work about 180 of 365 days. I have emailed the folks who posted the ad for more specific information which I will share when available. They were going to post an ad on the AAPA JobLink as well I believe but that will take longer to get up given the machinations necessary for international payments.

Archived