New grad, Ohio licensure question...

I am a new PA graduate from St. Louis, MO.  I recently moved to Cleveland, and I am sitting for boards on January 10th.  In regards to licensure, am I able to submit everything into the state of Ohio prior to me taking the PANCE to help "get the ball rolling"?  In MO you can submit your application for licensure prior to taking the boards and it is held as "pending".  In essence, it helps speed along the licensing process with verification of passing boards as the last piece.  I would really like to begin work ASAP, and I am a little nervous with the 10-12 weeks processing.   

Any additional tips or suggestions as a new practicing PA in the state of Ohio would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you! 

Go to the Ohio medical board's web site to get definitive answers.  If I recall correctly, I submitted my app after taking PANCE and being notified I passed.  The medical board will only accept PANCE results sent directly to it, so make sure you specify that when you register.  Ohio also requires 2 notarized "statements of good character", 1 from a physician, the other from some one else who knows you.  That can be a delay.  Start working on that now.  Once you have your licence and your certificate to prescribe, apply for your DEA number and also for an OARRS ID.  OARRS is the system run by the Ohio pharmacy board that permits online inquiries of a patient's opiate prescribing history.

Archived