2015 Accepted pending open seat

I was accepted, pending an open seat the day after my interview on October 9th. I got an email from Bonnie this morning asking if I'm still interested in the program as they have a few open seats to fill. It seemed like a general email that was sent to many others. Patiently waiting and hope for good news for all of us!

• 4 weeks later...

Rest assured, it's a process and a long wait. One of my good friends in the class was set to go to Hofstra and then found out two days before orientation that she was given a seat. Being an AZ native, she decided to stay. Another found out less than three weeks before school started and had to make the move from Colorado. It can happen when you least expect it, so all I can advise is being patient.

Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how large ATSU's waitlist is and how what number they got up to last year? I am waitlisted and all Bonnie would tell me is that I am in the top half of the waitlist (meanig I am closer to getting in). I am just curious to see what my odds are of getting in. Any info would be helpful. I know it is a process and it may take some time. I am just nervous because I haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet and I am only on waitlists. 

All I'll tell is to be patient. It's frustrating especially because the next cycle is fast approaching. I have one classmate that got the call 2 weeks before orientation and another that got the call 2 DAYS before orientation.

The later was set to go to a school in New York, but being from Arizona, chose to stay home. Had to transfer financial aid, etc. ASAP. It was a small struggle but they're both doing great in class now.

Seats open for the most random reasons, so all I can say is be patient. I know it's not easy, but outs part of the process. Remember, there's a while cycle of interviews at Fall start schools starting now, and folks may have a preference to go there, so seats may open in the coming months.

Rest assured, if you get the call late, we're here to help make the transition and move happen as smooth as possible.

I appreciate your feedback. I will sit back and wait as patiently as I can and keep buffing up my application if I have to reapply.

I am in the same boat. Good luck, and try to stay positive. Just start trying to make yourself a better applicant for next cycle in the meantime!

So that email today... anyone know what happened to expanding the class?

I never received an email from the school. Was that only for people on the pending acceptance list or who had already been accepted?

I am on the waitlist and it would be really unfortunate if they kept the class size at 50 instead of 70.

I am confused...

All I'll tell is to be patient. It's frustrating especially because the next cycle is fast approaching. I have one classmate that got the call 2 weeks before orientation and another that got the call 2 DAYS before orientation.

The later was set to go to a school in New York, but being from Arizona, chose to stay home. Had to transfer financial aid, etc. ASAP. It was a small struggle but they're both doing great in class now.

Seats open for the most random reasons, so all I can say is be patient. I know it's not easy, but outs part of the process. Remember, there's a while cycle of interviews at Fall start schools starting now, and folks may have a preference to go there, so seats may open in the coming months.

Rest assured, if you get the call late, we're here to help make the transition and move happen as smooth as possible.

Were your friends on the "pending open seat list" or the "wait-list"?

• 1 month later...

Archived