Francis Marion University - Florence, SC NEW program in 2016?

I applied the day the application opened, which I believe was June 1st. Interviewed in August and was initially waitlisted. GPA 3.15, GRE 152/153/5.5, 2500+ hours as an ER medical scribe, 3500+ hours of volunteer work, 100+ hours of PA shadowing, undergrad major = healthcare management. First time applicant, SC resident. Just got the call last week that I was accepted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking to apply this year and was wondering if anyone can tell me what they are looking for? I am looking to go to rural area and hopefully stay. Been an EMT/Firefighter for 9 years and looking for a change of scenery. I applied last time but I was told when I had sent my supplemental application in that they had already filled up and wouldn't be interviewing unless they had a lot of declines.

• 3 weeks later...

ADPoor,

Just spoke the other day with one of the McLeod ED RNs whose husband is a paramedic and just found out he got in off the waitlist. He had excellent grades and about the same experience as you. Grades do matter these days...the competition was fierce...1200 applicants for 30 slots.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived