Alaska interest

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 10/4/2015 at 9:21 AM, studypaschool said:

same here.  looking to move to AK 

anyone know how long it takes to get a license? someone told me 2 months others said 4 months

Hello there!  I'm currently awaiting my AK license....it is now on it's 4th month and still no words.  I am literally climbing the wall.

• 4 weeks later...

It's now past 5 months and a few days....I'm giving up on my dream job because I'm now going broke waiting for AK Board to grant me a license...Spoke with another person who is doing another set of background for the local hospital and was told the had 6 providers pull out of their application within 3 months due to the extensive waiting.  He said "now you know why AK has a shortage of providers!"  Upon further re-reading their application, it stated the process will take 8-12 weeks (lies).  Additionally, after 6 months, documents are considered stale and must be re-submitted.  I don't think so Alaska.  

Edited by 6oo6le

• 4 months later...
Guest thatgirlonabike
On 8/6/2018 at 2:16 PM, 6oo6le said:

It's now past 5 months and a few days....I'm giving up on my dream job because I'm now going broke waiting for AK Board to grant me a license...Spoke with another person who is doing another set of background for the local hospital and was told the had 6 providers pull out of their application within 3 months due to the extensive waiting.  He said "now you know why AK has a shortage of providers!"  Upon further re-reading their application, it stated the process will take 8-12 weeks (lies).  Additionally, after 6 months, documents are considered stale and must be re-submitted.  I don't think so Alaska.  

Did you ever get your license and end up in AK or did you have to find work somewhere else?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...