Appropriate Letter of Rec?

A year ago I was lucky enough to do a 6 month long internship at a major pharmaceutical company doing research. I was able to learn a ton about how the drug industry operates and was able to do a lot in the lab as well. I was wondering if my supervisor would be an appropriate reference letter to write as we worked one on one during the entirety of the internship and had a great relationship. I know this is more on the research side than clinical, but is it still in the medical realm? 

Sounds like a great opportunity to me. Schools don't expect you to have 3 letters of recommendation from clinical professionals. The more personal the letter of recommendation is, the better it is. This supervisor should be able to include a lot of personal information including how exciting or impressive it was to work with you, comment on your talent in the research field, and comment on well he/she believes you'll perform as a PA.

Archived