Veteran benefits

Hey everybody,

I am a veteran and will be starting PA school in the fall of 2015.  I currently have 15 months left on my GI bill, but my program is 27 months long.  Does anyone know of any programs that will help me out with the cost that my GI bill will not cover?  My program is in Pennsylvania.

Hey everybody,

I am a veteran and will be starting PA school in the fall of 2015.  I currently have 15 months left on my GI bill, but my program is 27 months long.  Does anyone know of any programs that will help me out with the cost that my GI bill will not cover?  My program is in Pennsylvania.

Hey bro! I believe we are attending the same program. I only have 6 months on the GI bill so I am in the same boat. I am applying to HSCP through the Navy. The Air Force has it as well. While they do not pay for your tuition, they do pay you E-6 pay (full with benefits) which will help you immensely in PA school. Not sure if the Air force has bonuses or a loan repayment option after graduation, but it is worth looking into. I see it as a win-win situation. You may have to take out loans to cover the rest of PA school, but these can be quickly payed off by bonuses or loan repayment. PM me if you would like any more info. I am currently in the process and my package goes out this week. Good luck in whatever you decide!  

If you have 20% disability or higher you can qualify for voc rehab. I will be in a similar boat, with about 16 months of chapter 33 left for PA school. But, I never went for a VA disability assessment, so no voc rehab.  So, I've resigned myself to student loans for the last 8 or so months. Which, when you consider a bachelors and masters with a few short months of loans, isn't a bad deal when compared to some of the student loans some people take out ($100K plus). I figure it will all cost me about the same as a decent used car.

Archived