Voc Rehab for School?

Hi,

I am in the middle of the interview process with a few schools at the moment.  Currently I am using Voc Rehab t for a Behavioral Neuroscience degree and am curious if anyone has used voc rehab after competing their undergraduate?  Also, if you had, could you provide some info on how you did it?  I've mentioned it to my counselor, but he doesn't seem to receptive of the idea.   Thank you

I used Montgomery gi bill for undergrad, chap 30 I believe. Whatever it is for active duty. I finished my undergrad w roughly nine months left. My undergrad was in finance and economics, but was an army medic prior to undergrad and am now an ER tech taking pre reqs for pa school. Given I only had 9 mo left, I went to Voc rehab and was able to get on the program. I layed out a plan to the counselor w classes needed to apply to pa school and a time line. They let me in, and said they would cover tuition books etc from now through completion of pa school w bah, etc. Whole idea behind vre is they are employment assistance. So, convincing them that degree is "not a good fit" would be difficult in your situation, it would seem anyway.

Apologize for typos/grammatical errors.

They pay 100% of the school.  It doesn't matter if it is a state school or private.  They pay anything that is required that is on your syllabus. I got all my books, lab coat, medical equipment, lap top, and printer.  They will pay for your PANCE, DEA, state lic, and up to 2 months of bah after you graduate.   Anything that is required for you to work and you can prove it. You get va dental benefits. Also, 100% e5 bah where your school is at.

Note that you have to be 20% or more service connected to get this benefit.

Also, depending how the VRC rates your disability you might have to see them every qrt/ semester for a follow up or once a year for the mandatory meeting.  Failure to show can mean they revoke your benefits.  My VRC said if I was on rotation out of site then a phone call will be fine.  Also, you must go to your medical appointments as well.  They make you sign a contract about this too.

I have to add something here.  I'm a current temporary VA employee and possessing pharmacy technician license.  Went to VR orientation and met counselor.  Guess what, I was being rejected from this program because they said I'm too capable of work to participate VR.  I drove total of 5 hours to hear this BS.  All they had to do was read my application and talked to me about this on the phone.  Remember, you have to have current disability and enough medical records to prove that you are not able to obtain/maintain job.  It's not about your interest, but your ability to work at ANY job.  Even though I showed them my PA school acceptance letter, all that counselor said 'you still can work as pharmacy technician, or at least at walmart'. Maybe I was out of luck, met BS counselor and some of you'll met nice counselor.  I'm very upset from my experience at VR office.

Archived