Bad PA press from a PA herself

I totally agree with what has been said already. The timeline for her taking the MCAT, applying and being accepting, means that she was already planning to apply to medical school while in PA school, or she was possibly already applying! her assertion that she had "reached the ceiling" of what PAs can do is total BS. She should retitle this from PA-S to MD-S, because really that is all she has done!

I totally agree with what has been said already. The timeline for her taking the MCAT, applying and being accepting, means that she was already planning to apply to medical school while in PA school, or she was possibly already applying! her assertion that she had "reached the ceiling" of what PAs can do is total BS. She should retitle this from PA-S to MD-S, because really that is all she has done!

As far as going from PA --> MD/DO.  Who cares?  If that is what you want to do, then happy trails, best of luck.

But to bad mouth a PAs, a profession that took her in and gave her an amazing opportunity is wrong.  The best response to this rude article is simply: "Thank you for your opinion, medical student".

Algorithms are good, but you need to know when to throw them out. My assumption a lot of those new problems, an MD can't solve it. I had a patient complain about fingernail pain the other day. I expected to see a felon or a paronychia. Nope. So I let my SP see him instead of signing up for the patient just to mess with her. Lol. Yep, she just looked at his nails and told him what it's not and sent him to primary care.

General rule in ER- when things don't add up, it's likely anxiety lol

I never learned "algorithms" in PA school. I learned to practice medicine by doing a history, performing an exam, creating a differential dx, and working it up. Even as a medic I didn't practice "algorithmic medicine"(although many medics do), I used my brain and the docs I worked with quickly told me I was wasting my time in EMS and that I needed to keep going in my education.

Archived