What is a good bonus plan for FP/IM?

I have been offered a job in outpatient IM/FP and my potential employer is asking me to come up with a bonus plan that he can look at to help him make a decision (I am his first PA, but he has had NPs in the past.) I would be seeing a few patients with  medicare advantage/capitated plans, so if I work hard at documenting, keeping them well, etc, the clinic could be reimbursed a good sum of money. Any thoughts from other PAs who have reasonable/obtainable bonus plans? 

I would be interested to see your replies.  I am in FP and get a base monthly salary or 30% of my collections each month, whichever is higher.  It's pretty straight forward and my bosses are good about showing me my numbers month by month.  I think it's fair but am interested in what others think.

I would be interested to see your replies.  I am in FP and get a base monthly salary or 30% of my collections each month, whichever is higher.  It's pretty straight forward and my bosses are good about showing me my numbers month by month.  I think it's fair but am interested in what others think.

way low

should be in the 45% range

I left a good job which I grossed 300k and was getting about 28% of receipts - I am not their profit center

they hired an new grad NP behind me - she saw almost 1/3 the patients and they had to pay her more........

not a good business move

way low

should be in the 45% range

I left a good job which I grossed 300k and was getting about 28% of receipts - I am not their profit center

they hired an new grad NP behind me - she saw almost 1/3 the patients and they had to pay her more........

not a good business move

Hmmm, thanks for the insight.  What do you think the overhead is for a PA in FP?  50% or so?!  They give me a monthly salary, pay my malpractice, licensing, fees, etc.  I get no bennies-no health insurance or retirement package.  I have 1 MA.  Practice is 4 docs and me, total staff is less than 20.  I really like my job; I'm not looking to leave at this time.  Been there about a year and now I'm exploring ways I could get more money.  I may even consider offering to take no base but ask for 45% of my collections on a 3 month cycle (so I'm not penalized one month if I take a week of vacation).

I was roughly assumming that my overhead is 50%, I get 30%, so each of my 2 bosses takes home about 10% of what I bring in.  Anyone else have any insights on this?  To the OP-sorry to take over this thread!

I was roughly assumming that my overhead is 50%, I get 30%, so each of my 2 bosses takes home about 10% of what I bring in.  Anyone else have any insights on this?  To the OP-sorry to take over this thread!

you are correct

but that is with a full bennie package

I would say you should be closer to 45%

it takes shopping around as most docs don't want to give up $$$ as that is not their desire

Archived