University of the Cumberlands

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsey, I interviewed in the first group and have been accepted. They are actually graduating their 4th cohort this May. So you would be interviewing for their fifth. I'm assuming your interview has come and gone and I hope it went well! It is a great school!

Workhardplayhard, I am sorry your experience was less than you were hoping for. It is hard for me to believe they would ask anything inappropriate! UC is a Christian school and even opened our interview day with a prayer. They didn't ask me anything out of the ordinary, but that's not to say everyone got asked the same questions as i'm sure they didn't. There is a section in the book How to Ace the PA School Interview about illegal questions and how to respond. Maybe you could take a look at that to prepare for other interviews in case this happens again. I'd also like to ask where you felt the program was lacking? I do agree they aren't as flashy and don't have all the luxuries of a larger program but I didn't notice anything that would hinder my education. I feel their PANCE rates also prove they educate excellent PAs. I've also shadowed numerous of their graduates and found that they are great at what they do and fit right in with other PAs that graduated elsewhere. I hope you respond as I would love to hear your thoughts! And good luck on finding a program that is the right fit for you!

futurepa2017,

My whole issue with the program was just the way they presented themselves and my experience in the second individual interview. I'm glad that you got in and it's a good fit for you! I certainly stand convinced after the interviews I've had this cycle that when you "click" with the right program it just falls into place. Needless to say, UC was not the right place for me.

I completely agree! I interviewed at all three schools I applied to and none felt right until UC. It's important to find the school that is right for you considering you'll be spending the next two years there. When it's all said and done though we take the same exam and enter the work force on the same team. So congrats to us for getting accepted and to being a future PA-C!

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree! I interviewed at all three schools I applied to and none felt right until UC. It's important to find the school that is right for you considering you'll be spending the next two years there. When it's all said and done though we take the same exam and enter the work force on the same team. So congrats to us for getting accepted and to being a future PA-C!

Future pa

Thank you for your feedback!! I have been accepted and am preparing for January. I was wondering if there was anyway we could get in touch perhaps through facebook or something? It would be really relieving to know someone before I get there.

I really liked everyone that interviewed me. I can't imagine what they would've asked that would have been out of line. I clicked with everyone, loved the location and Christian values embedded in their missions and goals.

Hi all,

I was also accepted and will be starting in jan. I've been considering making a Facebook group for the class of 2017 but was unsure about university permission. It would be great to connect with classmates. I'll be moving from Ohio and will know no one. I thought the staff were very welcoming and nice. No inappropriate questions. Excited to start!

Hey all, I haven't been on these forums in a while (long before I interviewed!), so thought I'd check it out.  I interviewed and was accepted by UC as well!  I'll see you there in January, and I'll request to be added to the Facebook page.

I felt the opposite of Workhard...UC was a great interview experience for me compared to my other interview.  I have since received other interview invitations, but I have turned them down since I am happy with my decision to matriculate at Cumberlands.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone explain why the program lost accreditation or what happened that the program stopped/started back-up? I received an email from Lesley, the program director today about possibly attending but I'm not sure due to this... plus I already accepted a seat but the January start date is really appealing. Just wondering what went wrong or why the program was inactive?

Can anyone explain why the program lost accreditation or what happened that the program stopped/started back-up? I received an email from Lesley, the program director today about possibly attending but I'm not sure due to this... plus I already accepted a seat but the January start date is really appealing. Just wondering what went wrong or why the program was inactive?

I'm not going to speak on the topic of why they lost accreditation, due to the fact that my info is second hand. I would suggest being straight forward with Lesley and voicing your concerns and asking her your questions. She can also tell you all the wonderful ways they have improved their program during the year hiatus. They have completely revamped their program and the ARC-PA are obviously satisfied considering they granted them accreditation. I have met and shadowed numerous PAs that graduated from UC and they are excellent providers. I fully believe this is a strong program but also think at any program the majority of your success is how much you put into it. Good luck!

I'd also like to add, considering you've already accepted a seat elsewhere, you shouldn't choose a program based on when the start date is. At most it will only make a few months difference! Choose the school that feels like the best fit for you personally since you'll be spending the next ~2.5 years there! I'm sure you'll be successful whatever route you take!

Thanks futurePA... but I found their 2012 PANCE pass-rate was 56%.... so even with the new accreditation status, I don't feel comfortable attending the program. But I wish everyone who does attend the best of luck! Hopefully the program fixed their issues and students can comfortably pass the PANCE with no issues.

Thanks futurePA... but I found their 2012 PANCE pass-rate was 56%.... so even with the new accreditation status, I don't feel comfortable attending the program. But I wish everyone who does attend the best of luck! Hopefully the program fixed their issues and students can comfortably pass the PANCE with no issues.

You're welcome! And that was their first cohort that scored so low and they definitely had kinks to work out. I know the cohorts after that scored much higher. But congrats on your decision and good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived