DeSales vs Drexel

So here's a huge choice between two great programs.  Here's how I see it, and I'd really like some insight into which might be the better program. 

Thank you!

PANCE: 5 year average pass rate, first time takers

DeSales 100% - literally best in the nation

Drexel 95% - above average by two points, also excellent

Med School Affiliation

DeSales: none.  Perhaps this means more individualized attention, but it also means fewer "resources" in terms of facilities, faculty, research, etc. 

Drexel: obvious affiliation.  This means top notch everything and constant contact with medical students.  Not sure if this also means PA students could get "lost" in the mix of a big medical school...

Anatomy Lab
DeSales: Cadavers, beautiful lab, students dissect, modeled after Drexel lab
Drexel: Famous lab, probably fewer students per cadaver, probably comparable w DeSales

Simulators
How important are these, at either school?  Very impressive to a novice...

Clinical Rotations
DeSales: Begins first year, every Friday.  Huge plus.  Huge network.  All rotations commutable (local) unless requested otherwise.
Drexel: Massive medical network.  Most rotations local.  Massive inner city hospitals offer exceptional ER and trauma exposure.  First year exposure? 

Campus
DeSales: absolute middle of nowhere.  literally not even a town where the school is.  definitely least attractive aspect for my family.  
Drexel: absolute depths of inner city Philadelphia.  rough around the edges, to say the least.  (dangerous?)  I imagine we'd live in the outskirts.  

Applicant age/experience
DeSales: I got the sense that the average HCE and age was lower here.  A lot of recent grads and young students.  
Drexel: Perhaps older, or at least more mature, students.  I don't have any real data to back this up other than personal observation. 

Establishment: 
DeSales: 17 years.  Respectable.  Although the much-revered director left a few years ago just as they were preparing to double the class size from 40 to 80.  Chief medical officer left around that time too, as I understand.  Concern? 
Drexel: One of the oldest schools in the nation.  Impeccable, as I understand. 

Culture
DeSales: Catholic school.  Crosses and bishop portraits everywhere.  I don't identify as Catholic or have much interest or respect for the Catholic establishment.  I really can't predict how much doctorine will make its way into the DeSales curriculum.  Perhaps this concern completely unfounded (in terms of the actual training), but at the very least (to a non-Catholic) it would be an adjustment. 
Drexel: pretty much the opposite.  Medical school.  Probably atheistic leaning (not particularly my cup of tea either, but a lot less in-your-face).  Very intense academics.  Frankly, intimidating.  (Are the Anatomy fail rates truly as they are rumored?)  Is the competition cut-throat among PA students?

Tuition and Fees (whole 2ish-year program) 
DeSales: $72,000
Drexel: $82,000

So there you have it--a very off-the-cuff list of comparison between the two schools.  Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!!

Archived