Jobs with summers off?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently taking prereqs, and have been working summers the past couple years at a summer camp that I absolutely love; it's the best 9 weeks of my life.  I half-jokingly asked the director if they'd ever hire a PA for the summers, and she said that actually, they would certainly be interested in doing that.  Being able to do this would make me the happiest man alive, haha.

So, my question is, what kinds of positions can you find as a PA where you'd have the summers off?  University health clinics, any secondary schools, maybe large boarding schools?  What about hospitals in college towns where the population doubles during the school year, would they want a couple extra hands during that time?  Doing 9-month locum tenens contracts?  Any other outside (or inside)-the-box ideas I'm not thinking of?  I'd really loooove to make this a possibility.  If anyone works or knows anyone who works such a schedule, I'd appreciate talking or hearing about it.

Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies.  Couldn't find anything on ski resorts of Yellowstone actually.  I figured college health centers was the most common.  Does anyone know if any boarding schools, or other secondary-type schools, could have PAs?  Or hospitals in college towns/locations that see a population drop in the summer?

Thanks for all the replies.  Couldn't find anything on ski resorts of Yellowstone actually.  I figured college health centers was the most common.  Does anyone know if any boarding schools, or other secondary-type schools, could have PAs?  Or hospitals in college towns/locations that see a population drop in the summer?

In my area, many of the high schools and some of the large elementary schools have NP's (which are more well-known than PA's in my area).

Archived