Application Cycle Interviews 2014-2015!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who got interviews and those who got accepted! Unfortunately I didn't qualify to apply to USC this round (although I did get accepted somewhere else). However, I did have an opportunity to visit the program in Alhambra and I can tell you that you will without a doubt receive a top notch education at a top facility. Couldn't have been more impressed!!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to shed some light on the interview process. It was extremely laid back and relaxed. The faculty and student that interview you just want to get a sense of who you are. The questions they ask aren't surprising and they do a great good of making you feel like you're just having a casual conversation. I hope this helps relax all of the future interviewees. I had a great time getting to know a lot of you on the 15th. Best of luck to you all.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for that information. I have an interview on January 9th. I was wondering if there were any group interviews with other PA candidates or were they all individual ones?

Hello PAG,

I will be interviewing on January 9th and I was wondering if there were a lot of ethical questions? Also, were there any group interviews with other PA applicants?

The interview is really laid back...no trick questions or odd/unexpected questions. When I interviewed, they had a lot of opportunities to get your questions answered (including 2 panels with current students and alumni) and a lunch at the end of the day with current students and faculty. So come prepared with some good questions! The actual interview portion is pretty short, with only a few questions about why you want to be a PA, your volunteer experiences, etc. No group interviews. They really just want to get to know you and have a conversation! I felt very comfortable and not like I was being drilled or tested. 

Best of luck! You can PM me with any questions:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all! Thanks for all the information regarding the interview. The interview was indeed very relaxed. I was still very nervous but luckily my nerves calmed down a little bit during the faculty/ current student interview. There were no trick questions and they were just really trying to see what I am all about. After yesterday, I want to attend the USC program even more. I really hope I get accepted. I hope everyone else who had their interview yesterday did well. Please share your experience!

Hi!

I just received an interview today via email for February 7th! I am very excited and if anyone has some advice or give me the layout of the interview that would be great. Also, if I am booking flights, how many days is it?

You should arrive the day before your interview so you can rest and get to the interview day on time. You should be able to catch a flight back after your interview as it ended fairly when I was interviewed (2pm). Hope this helps! Congrats on the interview. 

Who else interviewed on the 9th. This week is going by so slowly. Are we expecting to hear back the day faculty meets or the day after?

Oh man, this is the slowest week of my life. I got the impression they would call after their meeting on Friday. Fingers crossed, and good luck to everyone!

Archived