Reference submitted LOR but not showing up on CASPA?

Greetings,

My reference submitted his LOR on the afternoon of Saturday the 26th, and as of the time of this writing it has not shown up on the CASPA website. His entry still shows "New" and "Not received".

I asked him if he did indeed submit it through the link in the email leading to the CASPA website and he said yes. I emailed CASPA about this. I'm very worried about this and really don't want to keep pestering my reference about it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

I'll go out on a limb here and say that's probably why.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same, but it explicitly says on the website that it updates as soon as they E-submit.

I hope thats not entirely correct.

I was thinking the same, but it explicitly says on the website that it updates as soon as they E-submit.

I hope thats not entirely correct.

Just be patient and give them a call tomorrow. Don't risk being a pest to your reference. :)

Just be patient and give them a call tomorrow. Don't risk being a pest to your reference. :)

Just got this:

Hi David,

If the status doesn't change to complete this means the person that is

completing your recommendation hasn't submitted. They need to click the submit

button.

Should I shoot him a message? Or wait

Those statuses are electronic, and show up immediately, weekend or not. If it is still showing as "new," that doesn't just mean he hasn't submitted, it means nothing has been saved into the reference portal. Even if they confirm their profile info is correct, the status will read at least as "in-progress." You should contact your reference ASAP.

Those statuses are electronic, and show up immediately, weekend or not. If it is still showing as "new," that doesn't just mean he hasn't submitted, it means nothing has been saved into the reference portal. Even if they confirm their profile info is correct, the status will read at least as "in-progress." You should contact your reference ASAP.

I contacted him and he asked for the email to be resent. I explained that he should let me know if he received it, and that will be a link for him to the CASPA site to log in and fill out the appropriate fields. He apparently filled something out before, because he told me he did it Saturday but.. I guess nothing saved?

Archived