Please help me write a counter offer letter...

I have received an offer for a multi-physician medical group that I am not satisfied with. I have been told by others in the company that the "decision makers" will "work with you(me)". So my goal is to write a letter stating my take on the offer and how I plan on presenting my counter offer.

Please help :)

"First and foremost, I can’t stress enough how I am really interested and excited about being currently employed by your medical practice group, including the level of appreciation I have for such generous offer. During my ongoing and enriching days of training with you and your coworkers, I have felt at ease, respected and valued to such an immeasurable degree. With continuous exposure to your system, coupled with hard ethical and efficient work on my part, I strongly believe that I will be a great asset to you and your group in no time.

However, recently I have done some extensive research within my professional organization; reaching out and talk with people at similar positions throughout my network, what I have found is that for someone with my skills and level, the compensation package often includes much more options than what I am currently offered by your company, needless to say, I am a bit disappointed.

My hope during this conversation, would be for us to respectfully find common ground where we could agree upon certain parts of the compensation and modify others. The points I will cover within the progression of this letter will present your current offer, and followed soon after, by what I propose."

not bad I guess. 

some grammar/ run on sentence and other issues. 

why not make a request. For example thanks for the offer ....  your practice is great ..... i reviewed mean salary in region adjacent my expenses and would be set to begin on XX date for a salary of XXXX  

I have an offer (85K), but the thing is they want me to work my arse off and not even giving me a decent benefit package. My goal is to get better benefits without trying to change the base salary.

Guest Paula

Why do you not want to change your base salary? For the time they expect you to put in you should desire to be paid for it.

$43.20 is hourly for 90k yr 40hr work week. What they are offering you is $35.32 considering extra hours and shifts (that's only 73k a yr). Also I don't see CME or CME time off. Assuming you get benefits I forgot from your other post.

In my inexperienced opinion as a new grad on the job hunt myself, I would ask for 43/hr or 40/hr or leave pay scale as it is but compensate you for weekends. Also at least a grand CME and two days off for CME. This would be bare minimum for me. What state is this in? I can tell you this is a low ball offer from what I'm seeing over on my side of the map. PTO is also low.

If they value you they will agree. Just send a few sentences along the line of "I checked the national average and discussed this position with some PA colleagues. I feel a 40-43/hr pay scale plus CME etc... Is more fair. Please let me know what you think. I look forward to your reply and hope we can work something out that we feel is agreeable for both of us." Stay simple and to the point.

If they decline then walk away. 73k/yr with crap benefits is insulting and I am confident you can do better unless wherever you are geographically makes it very hard to find a job.

If I got your letter I'd chuckle. I hate fluff. What I want is proven statistical data. What has AAPA published on salary and benefits in Your area? Can you quote professional publications stating you are worth more?

You need to PROVE the PA is paid more and gets better benefits. Without proof the argument is nothing but words on paper. Approach this as an academic argument that you might do in a graduate program. Provide references and argue with support WHY YOU are worth what you can prove is the standard rate.

Good intro, body, and closure with three or more argument points in body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in NYC. Per aapa salary report, 50th percentile of PAs with 0-4years make about 83,000 yearly. That's why I don't want to change my base, as long as I am going to get a better benefit package.

As far as the benefits part of this offer is concerned, compared with the aapa report, I'm in the 10th percentile. Smh.

Guest Paula

Go for a higher salary.  We need to get new PAs up to the  right salary and if you take a low-ball offer for the hours you will be working the salary stats will get worse...especially if a bunch of you in NY accept low salaries.  Tell them you are an above  50 percentile  person and not average so you won't settle for an average salary.

If I was using AAPA to argue my salary I would adjust it to present day. The data is perhaps 3 years old (check). Multiple the number by 3% year 1; that value is the multiplied by 3% for year 2; and finally that number by 3% for year 3. The final value is the AAPA adjusted for present day and inflation. This would also need to be noted in your argument.

And if you believe you are worth more than the mean, list out exactly why!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived