I would almost feel guilty...

We are seeking a Physician Assistant for an Emergency Medicine position in Houston, Texas. Will consider experienced providers only. No new graduates.

This is a fairly tame ER with a low patient volume (8 ppd). Schedule will be M-F, 8a - 5p. Additionally you will be part of the call rotation (weekends) which is 1 in 6. EMR. Salary will be $110 - 140k+ with a comprehensive benefit packaging including 28 days PTO, malpractice, health insurance (free for you and immediate family), dental/vision/disability, retirement and 1 wk paid CME. Relocation assistance and possible sign-on bonus. Prefer in state candidates but will consider others with good reason to be in the area.

This location is minutes from the coast and all amenities of the big city at your doorstep. Great schools, many cultural outlets, unlimited shopping, affordable housing. This is a friendly Texas career opportunity with an easy lifestyle.

Couldn't do it. I moonlighted for a while at an ED that would only see about 12 patients per day, and maybe 4 over night. Sometimes less. Like 12-18 in a 24 hour period.

I went stir crazy.

Each person has their own likes and dislikes. I need to stay busy. I would lose it in that environment.

Mike

my current favorite job is a rural ER with 12-14 pts/24 hr shift. solo coverage. high acuity. PA directs ems, covers floor codes, etc.

perfect job as far as I am concerned and if offered a full time job( 8 shifts/mo) I will take it.

I've done "busy" for almost 20 years as an em pa and it's getting old. I would rather see 12-14 SICK pts/shift than 30 pts with only 1-2 of them actually sick enough to be there. at my last job I frequently saw 35-50 pts/shift and could go a week without admitting someone. when I work both my high acuity/low volume per diem jobs I admit someone to the icu every shift, often more than 1.

Archived