Seeking Shadowing Opportunities In Las Vegas, NV

I will be applying to the PA program at Touro University next spring.  I would like to find a practicing PA in the Las Vegas area that would be willing to take me under their wing and provide me with the training and experience that I need to put me at the top of the applicant pool.  However, I would appreciate even just a few hours shadowing you if that is what you are able to provide.  Any direction or suggestions are welcome.  

Hi Kevin,

Glad you're considering Touro University! I would try contacting NAPA first and see if they have anything. I would also try reaching out to the PA Program at Touro. I've heard that some of the faculty are pretty helpful with some of the applicants if approached the right way. 

Thank you Timon.  I took a tour at Touro and asked the admissions counselor for suggestions.  His replied that me figuring it out and tracking down shadowing opportunities would help demonstrate how committed I was.  He does have a point there.  I asked my physician.  She said that it was unnecessary until I was actually in a program. (I guess things have changed since she went to med school)  I have joined AAPA but have not yet contacted NAPA.  Do you have any suggestions for how to approach them.  When I went back to school a few years ago my first plan was to get my associates as a Physical Therapy Assistant.  It was hard finding people that were willing to let prospective students come into shadow them, and that is in an open, communal type situation.  I cannot imagine how much more difficult it is to be brought into a more private situation of one on one patient care in a small room.

• 1 year later...

Archived